Nov 21, 2012

3 Years

Dear Rob:

This is not the first letter I have written to you and this won't be the last. I know you enjoy getting and reading my daily letters to you when you're gone at annual training. But this letter isn't about my day or about how I miss you as those mostly are. This letter is much more than that. This letter is about how you have completely changed my life. About thanking you for all you do. About how much I love you. About celebrating the best three years of my life. 

Three years ago today went on our first date after spending several weeks talking. (Thanks match.com!) Three years ago today I met the man I would grow to love with all that I have, marry, and have a beautiful daughter with (yup, that's you!). Three years ago today we went on a totally awkward first date. 

I thought you were funny from the start - your profile description was what originally won me over. I thought you wee extremely handsome (you still are extremely handsome).  I thought you were smart. But I had no idea you talked so softly. I love laughing with you now about how I couldn't really hear you throughout the entire date (or at leas the first part of the date). You were whispering - I swear it! : ) Okay, so maybe you were just shy and nervous. But so was I. Unfortunately when I'm nervous, I chatter. I figured out quickly that you were the strong, silent type. I was okay with that. 

To this day I also still swear you walked funny that day. You disagree but you definitely don't walk that way anymore. But it's okay whether you did or not, I thought you were cute.

Going to Science City was a good idea because then we were moving around and had something to break up the nerves. Unfortunately nothing could do anything about our awkwardness. Little did we know that awkwardness would never go away. Awkward family of three (four counting Stella and actually she is a bundle of awkward). 

It makes me laugh thinking about after Science City when we were trying to decide what to do next. Some thing never change; we're just as indecisive as ever! I love how we ended up at Wendy's for dinner. It was perfect. It wasn't fancy. It wasn't crowded. We weren't rushed. We were able to sit together for hours just talking about everything. It was there that I knew you liked you (I could actually hear you finally). It was there that I decided I wanted more of you. I definitely wanted to do this again. But I had no idea how you felt or what you were thinking (which seemed to be an on-going problem - neither of us realized the other liked the other as much as we did). 

Finally at the end of the date, you said you wanted to do it again and we would watch a sci-fi movie next time. I may not have wanted to watch a sci-fi but those were exactly the words I wanted to hear. You wanted to see me again despite the fact we had nothing in common. Despite living forty minutes apart (in two different states). Despite my chatter. Despite my weird choice of first date clothes.

And then we were off on the wild ride that is our life together. I never had much experience with boys or dating. I was the tuba girl - the girl guys only wanted to be friends with. But you walked funny came into my life and you made me feel beautiful. 

Correction: you make me feel beautiful. You make me feel wanted. Needed. You inspire me. You push me to be more. 

I never thought my life would become all that it is. I never though there would be you. I never even imagined all that has happened would ever happen. 

In our three years together we have traveled, we got engaged, we got married, we got a house, we had a daughter. I have so much more than I could have ever imagined. And all because of you. All because you fell in love with me (and me with you). 

Three years ago today was one of the best days of my life. It brought me you. It was the start of our beginning.

I look forward to where our lives will go next. I look forward to our future. I look forward to see our daughter grow. I look forward to having more children with you. I look forward to filling our house with lots of love and laughter. I look forward to many more years with you.

I love you more than you could ever imagine.



Love, 
Your wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...