May 4, 2011

The Show Must Go On!

It all went too smoothly.

I should have seen it coming.

What now?

The problem has been fixed - mostly. But for a second there was my wedding flashing before my eyes. Okay, well that's a little dramatic, but in a moment that's what it feels like. 

Early on in our wedding planning we put our reception site then found a DJ then everything moved on from there. Everything seemed to be going well. But as of yesterday I discovered I was DJ-less. Sound somewhat minor but I was looking forward to dancing at my reception. And plus the DJ pretty much  runs the party, so he is a key element to the reception. 

We realized we hadn't heard from our DJ at all and my dad was trying to get a hold of them to find out the payment. I was trying to get hold of them to get things figured out with music. Well, upon further investigation we discovered that the DJ we hired was on Fox 4 Problem Solvers for basically taking brides' money then falling through. 

To my surprise I didn't panic. My mind began to race about what I was going to do next? I can't have my wedding reception without a DJ. I had a vision of how I wanted my wedding to be and this was not it. So we jumped into crisis management immediately. We started looking for a new DJ. I searched the wedding site I used and Dad called the hotel to see about getting any recommendations. I was just worried that it would be almost impossible to find someone free only 52 days out from a June wedding, which is the most popular wedding month. But my date worked with me - the last weekend of the month is not as busy because it's getting closer to July. 

To our luck we found a company that the hotel recommendation that was still available that weekend. After looking over everything, it looks good but we thought that the first time too. So next week we go to meet them to see how everything goes. 

So never fear, the party will go on after all.

The party will be saved!

: )


All other wedding planning is going good. Everything is all lined up. My centerpieces are finalized. I had the basic idea and I had help from my mom and my aunt to get it just right. Everything else is done and planned. There are songs to pick and ceremony programs to finalize, but otherwise things are perfect (or to me they are perfect). 

It's hard to believe it's only 52 days away now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...