Nov 6, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017

For those of you who don't know what nanowrimo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. Which as it turns out is the month of November. I learned about Nanowrimo kind of late last year so I didn't take part in it. But I decided that this year I wanted, so that's what I'm doing. Basically you aim to write a novel in the month of November - 50,000 words. It breaks down to writing 1,667 words a day pretty much which some days seems like a lot more than other days.

I decided - because I wasn't doing enough writing as it was with writing a novel in a month - that I wanted to document how each day goes. I know a good amount of people do daily vlogging to show their writing days and talk about how things are going, but I don't vlog so here's where it's going to be.



Day One

I was really nervous to start writing but also really excited. It had been a long time since I had really sat down and did some serious writing. I feel like I have been in a writer's block for so long that I just haven't been writing. I write here but creative writing - despite how much I have wanted to - just hasn't happened. So I was excited to have a chance to really write and have a goal I'm working toward. But also nervous that I was going to fail. But I decided to just go for it because if I did fail then at least I tried and I know what to do differently next year.

So while the kids were eating lunch I started writing and the words just kept coming. Of course it's not the best situation to write in but I got quite a bit written. By the time Addison was at school and Connor was down napping I was way past my goal of 1,667 words and just kept going. It wasn't going to hurt to have a jump on extra words or to just keep writing.

Word Count: 2,651

Day Two

Although I wasn't as excited to jump right in today, it was mostly because the hubs took the day off and I didn't want to spend all my time writing. But I did want to write and I did want to keep going on my story. I had a jump on my word count yesterday which was great. But I wanted to keep getting a jump on my words so I could take a day off I needed to in the future or not have to worry about getting it in on Thanksgiving.

So I sat down during nap time and did a bit of writing. I was worried since I wasn't as inspired and as excited as the first day that I would struggle a lot, but the words just came down on the paper (or screen technically).  I kept forming my ideas and thoughts and continued to try to forget about making it perfect and just write. And the words just coming.

Word Count: 5,070

Day Three

I didn't start doing some writing until a little later in the day mostly because I was just tired and not feeling great. But I picked up my computer and started writing. The words definitely weren't coming as quickly today and I hadn't met my at least 1,667 word goal for the day before I put my computer down again. I knew I was ahead of the game and I didn't need to write that many but I wanted to stay ahead and I wanted to have a day or so bluffer in case I did have a bad day (or Thanksgiving) and I just didn't feel like writing. But I decided I wasn't going to worry about writing everything at that moment when I just wasn't feeling it.

Turned out I felt like doing a little more writing that evening and easily got my 1,667 words in. I actually only decided to be done writing when I was feel a little blocked and wasn't sure where I wanted to go from there with my story. I thought that maybe getting a fresh look the day would be the way to go instead of accidentally writing myself into a corner in exhaustion.

Word Count: 6,892

Day Four

Not going to lie, today I really wasn't feeling it. I was feeling a bit lost in my writing and not sure how to get from point A to point B. But I wanted to get some writing done today so even later than yesterday I sat down and did some writing. The words were definitely not coming as quickly as I had the first two days, which is slightly discouraging since I don't want to be losing my steam so early. But the only thing to do was to keep pushing through and get some words on the page!

Word Count: 7,788

Day Five

So far I'm feeling a bit discouraged by the fact that the last three days I'm already feeling a bit blocked! But I'm trying to keep writing everyday at least something. Yesterday I didn't write as much as I had been but I wrote. Today my goal was to make sure I was at least on target. I got just a little over that today but I wrote and I'm at least right where I'm supposed to be. So yay to that! It was just a struggle again to write but another dreary day and I just wanted to nap so I might be lucky I did anything at all!

Word Count: 8,469


So there you have it. I'm just slightly over where I need to be on day five so not quite as ahead as I wanted to be but that's okay. Maybe I can gain some ground this week since apparently writing during the weekend is tough for me.

Comment below: If you are doing Nanowrimo, how is it going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...