Nov 3, 2017

How to Boil Water: Blue Apron #12 // Happy Friday

Penne Pasta & Delicate Squash with Kale & Ricotta Cheese



This wasn't terrible but it was a bit rich. I like roasted squash but I hate kale. I mean I really hate kale so of course this is a lot of what I taste when I eat a meal like this. Then when you add in the squash and the ricotta, it was just too sweet and rich. Addie liked it well enough but Connor didn't care of it.

Pretzel Burgers & Cheddar Cheese Sauce with Roasted Onion & Sweet Potato



This was a weird burger. I like the pretzel bun and I love love love roasted onion but the cheese sauce was weird. It was definitely weird and messy. Neither Rob nor I were convinced about this burger, good or bad.

Sage & Brown Butter Chicken with Roasted Fall Vegetables



To be perfectly honest I was a little disappointed in this meal. It looked so delicious, but it was a little underwhelming. Addie pretty much told me right off the bat that she didn't like this meal but I think that was because of the sage. I didn't care for the squash in this case because it was too soft and just nt great. But the apples and potatoes were seriously delicious.

Spicy Black Bean & Kale Enchiladas with Cheddar Cheese


So we like enchiladas but this one was a little too fancy for us. I make this delicious Beef Enchilada so it's hard to have any other kind now. Again I'm not a fan of kale so there's that problem again. It was also disappointing that there was only cheese on the outside, we love ourselves some cheesy enchiladas.

Brown Butter Gnocchi with Mushroom & Chard



This was probably my favorite of the month. The kids really liked it although the gnocchi was a little too thick for Connor. I was a huge fan of the chard or at least the stems of the chard that was included but I love a good mushroom and pasta meal.

Meatballs & Tomato Sauce with Creamy Rice & Broccoli



Not a favorite. I liked the rice and broccoli but the meatballs were just not good. The kids didn't really care about them either. I don't know what it was about the meatballs but the flavor was lacking a bit and just not very good.

Apple & Dijon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Romaine Salad



I really didn't care for the salad at all which included a pepper that made it way too spicy. The grilled cheese itself was okay but Rob felt like it was overly fancy. But he likes a plain ol' grilled cheese with American cheese. I do like the apple in it because it broke up the cheese taste because I'm not a huge grilled cheese fan.

Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Lemon, Capers & Garlic Breadcrumbs



Rob didn't care for this one but I really liked this one. I learned recently that I really like roasted cauliflower despite not being able to stand it in any other form. It was just delicious. He didn't like the capers in it because it just elevates the salty level quite a bit. But I liked this one quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...