Nov 2, 2017

Making the Cut: Kickbox Fastfix

Well if I'm here again with another Making the Cut that means I finished another workout. For the last six weeks I have been doing Jillian Michael's Kickbox Fastfix. I had previously done this workout way back in January of 2014 (check out what I had to say about that here). Back then this was the first workout I had done after having Addison and was the start of months of working out which was really the first time in my life that I committed to working out and actually stuck with it.

I don't know if I have necessarily had a plan as I have picked workouts to tackle since the knee surgery and getting cleared, and I honestly wasn't sure I would be able to actually do this one. But I have surprised myself with what I have been able to do.


Like I said I did six weeks of this workout which means two weeks per level (that means there was three levels!). Part of the reason I chose to do this workout honestly was because it was only 20 minutes long which was good because I sure wasn't getting up early to get this done which meant the kids were awake and wandering around. Not the best plan but I'm working on the getting up early again thing - it's just not going great...

Anyway, I only missed two days total on this workout. One was because it was a family day and it's just that simple - Rob took a rare day off and we just spent the day out together. And the other day was that I didn't work out that morning and was hesitant to do it in the evening then get up the next morning and less than 12 hours later do it again. My knee can only take so much so I skipped. No regrets.

Level One



I wasn't sure how I was going feel starting this workout because I don't remember having the fondest memories of this workout the first time I did this work. I mean some of that was because I had a terrible cold but still not great times.

This time around I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure how my knee was going to hold up, but actually I felt great throughout this workout. I did struggle to keep up at first and I was so sore during the first week of this level but by the second week and after a weekend break, I felt much better and stronger going into my second week.

Level Two



I will admit that I was even more nervous about this level because this really focused on lower body. There was more jumping and running in place. But I also figured if I didn't at least try then I wouldn't know what I could do and I would do the best I could until I could do what I know I could once do.

After the first day of this level I was so sore. But it was sore in a good way. I wasn't fighting intense knee pain but I was fighting a whole lot of soreness. But I took that as a good thing. I actually liked this level better than the first. I felt like it went by the fastest which was good because about halfway through this workout I was losing my motivation steam fast.

Level Three



Despite the fact that I was losing that motivation, I still got to level three after my two weeks at level two. This one was focused on core. This one definitely went by the fastest of the three and I definitely wasn't as hot and sweaty and worn out as the first two, but that didn't mean it was easy. There was plenty of moves that worked not just all me, but specially my knee. I felt my knee quite a bit when I was doing this one, but I made it through.

------------

Honestly this went so much better than the first time I did this workout but I'm not sure I'm in love with this one. It was nice that it was only 20 minutes and was fast-paced so you didn't get bored and didn't feel like you were so spending so much time working out (which is key for me right now as I struggle with motivation).

I will admit that during my last two weeks of this workout I stopped tracking my food (I use an app called Lose It and love it but yet I still stopped). I definitely was eating my way through my workout so I honestly don't expect great results from this workout when I do my weigh in and measurements at the start of my next. I'm going to do better and also start drinking more water because I don't drink near enough.

But there you have it, I finished another workout. I'm proud of myself for finishing another one. I really am impressed with myself for sticking with all my workouts since March when I started back at exercise again. Although I have been lacking motivation pretty much since March, I have stuck with it which is definitely something. So for now it's now to something new!

Comment below: What is your current workout? And/or your favorite workout you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...