Jun 3, 2011

The One with All the Cupcakes

So if you know me at all, you know that I enjoy baking cookies. I don't know why I am so good at it but I am. I enjoy making them. Cooking is not an enjoyable experience for me but baking is. I enjoy watching it each step and then having it rise into something. I like the creation I have made by the end of it. There's just something fun about baking. Sometimes I think I missed my calling. Maybe I was destined to be a wonderful baker...or maybe not.

Yesterday I had my first experience making cupcakes. Last weekend at my shower in Iowa, my (future) mother-in-law gave me a cupcake holder and pan, so I decided maybe I should give it a shot. I decided the only way to go is to make them from scratch. So I found me a recipe and I got everything I needed to make some chocolate cupcakes.

And....


Yeah, as you can see it didn't go well....at all. I am not a pro by any means but instincts told me that something wasn't right when I was making them but silly me didn't listen. I tend to have that problem sometimes I guess. And 25 minutes of waiting and then this is what I see. This is all I see. My hopes dropped because I was so excited to be making cupcakes for the first time. And I was so going to surprise Rob with some awesome food.

So yeah I got discouraged but then I picked my chin up and decided that this wasn't going to be just something else I quit at. This was going to be something I was going to figure out and do right (for once in my life).

So....


They look beautiful! Who else is impressed by these beautiful creations? I know they really are beautiful and I really did make them. They were cooked to perfection. And they are moist and chocolately and just good.

So after let them cool down....


I know, now they aren't as pretty. But they taste good. For half of them I crushed up Oreos and mixed it with the chocolate icing. And the other half is just chocolate icing. I'm not the best at putting on icing so it's not that great looking but they sure do taste good.

So moral of the story, double check the recipe and follow your instincts. Oh and I make some excellent cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...