Sep 29, 2011

How About Them Good Reads

I only just recently discovered the website, Goodreads. Apparently, I was missing out. I actually found the site in the first place because I saw the reading challenge box on another person's blog. I was interested in how to get myself involved in a reading challenge and clicked on the box (I know, these days just blindly clicking on something is dangerous but it worked out).

It led me to the Goodreads website where I started looking around. There were recommendations, reviews, author blogs, a profile for yourself so you can keep track of what you want to read, have read, and are currently reading. You could join and even form reading groups. Plus, join the reading challenge by picking how many books you want to read that year. 

This is a website completely devoted to books and book lovers so of course I joined. It's completely free and easy to use. I was excited about being able to get myself on the reading challenge. But I was unsure about the number of books to give myself to read for the year because I discovered this website in July. The year was half over, so I didn't want to start too big. Lucky for me I could remember the books I read at the first of the year because it was that winter and spring I had decided to reread all seven Harry Potter books. The last Harry Potter movie was coming out so I wanted to reread the story again. So I was able to add those in to my 2011 Reading Challenge. And I remembered a few other books I had read before the wedding and leading up to the honeymoon. I'm sure I missed a few but for the most part I got my count as update as I could remember. 

I'm currently 18 books into my 25 books for 2011. For anyone who is interested, you can track the books I have read along my sidebar or even go to the site and find my profile. I also keep track of my books on the tap (To Read). I don't know if that's something other people are interested in knowing my review about books, but it also helps me keep track the books I have read and enjoyed. 

This website if one of the cool ones where you can even interact with your favorite authors. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves books and wants an awesome way to find more books and keep track of all those books you currently read.


I know I love books. As you can see I really love books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...