Oct 15, 2011

Let's Have a Ball

The time is approaching once again for the United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Wow, what a mouthful! And with this time comes getting all dressed up and done up. I have the dress.  But I'm unsure of what to do with my hair this year. I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest.com lately. If you've been paying attention at all then you would already know that. I've been looking for do-it-yourself hair. I need to do something quick and easy with my hair but I still want something cute. So I'm taking suggestions:

But the only way to be a good judge of what's going on is by actually trying a few myself, so what'd you think?

Here's my first attempt. Not the greatest but it's something at least nicer than my normal boring hair. Any thoughts?


This isn't the prettiest. But in all fairness none of this is all that pretty right now. Basically a braid starting on my right side and put into a side ponytail with my hair straightened. My bangs down - well, bangs down for all of them actually.


Sock bun anyone?


This one is pretty simple. My hair straight and put up at the nape of my neck then twisted into itself. This might be my winner actually. It's easy and simple. I know it's a ball but sometimes simple is nice too.


This is the same basic idea as the above hairstyle just without pulling it all the way through. It's so-so.


So which one you thinking? I'm thinking simpler is better in this case. It might be called a Ball and we might get dressed up, but I don't want something real fancy for my hair. I'm still sticking with my simple elegance. So I'm thinking side ponytail or the ponytail at the nape of my neck with it flipped through. Any suggestions? Keeping in mind that I'm horrible at doing my own hair so I need easy easy easy hair choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...