Oct 27, 2011

Making the Cut: Week One

You're curious, aren't you? Bet you're wondering if I actually worked out this week like I said I would. And I'll be honest, I was wondering as well. But much to my own delight, I actually followed through. I made it through my five days of exercising and now I'm going to be rewarded with an awesome back rub and foot rub. And of course, writing a post.


So how did this week go? It went painfully. It went slowly. It went. But I got through it. My calves are so tight that it hurts to walk down stairs, but hey there's a price to pay for...well, I'm not exactly sure what. For vanity? For health? But we all do strange things sometimes. But then again maybe this isn't so strange. Maybe this is smart. Maybe this is exactly what I need. I have felt like I have been in a bit of a runt lately and maybe adding exercise will be exactly what I need to get out of the runt. Or maybe not but at least I'm trying something, right?

But I digress, my week with Jillian was a struggle. By the end of the week I certainly didn't want to do it anymore. I wanted to come home from work and just sit on the couch. No, not even that. I wanted to come home from work and sleep on the couch. But I didn't - well not exactly. Okay, okay, you caught me. I did today! I'm sorry! Despite sleeping for like an hour and half on the couch on my fifth day (yup, that's today) I did work out. I actually made Rob do it with me and when I say made, I don't really mean made because he volunteered to do it with me.  And now he's limping around the apartment a bit sore. Now he understands why I struggle to get up everyday to do it.

But on a good side of it all, I'm actually less sore. Yeah my calves were tight the first four days and yeah my left calf was still tight today but otherwise I was doing better. I had more endurance. I wasn't huffing and puffing all the way through my workout. Oh I was still breathing pretty heavy but it was so much better today. And I have finally gotten to the point where I feel better at the end of the workout. I don't feel like I'm going to die and want to never move again. I have gotten over that hump and actually feel refreshed and just a lot better by the end of it all. That's definitely good.

So starting on Sunday I start yet another week. You ready? Yeah, me either. But I get a weekend off. And I'm looking forward to this particular weekend to boot, so that's like a reward too. But on Sunday, I continue on with level one of Jillian leading in to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball next weekend. Who's pumped? But until then...hmm, don't eat any fatty foods...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...