Feb 16, 2012

Eat Dessert First: Double-Chocolate Cheesecake

I will bet a month's salary that you won't regret making and eating this. Then again maybe you would. It's rich and it's delicious, so naturally it's bad for you. Either way, I'm not going to give you my paycheck. I need that for all my house saving and dessert making.

This recipe came from the Kraft foods website (kraftfoods.com). I was thinking about how I hadn't done an 'EDF' in a couple weeks and I felt my pants getting looser, so naturally that means it's time to make more desserts. Today was kinda a triple whammy too because not only did I make this cheesecake, but I also made bread and of course dinner. That must be why my back is hurting so bad....

Anyway, you probably want me to get along with the recipe already. And you're in luck, I'm not even going to be difficult about it.

Ingredients:
24 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted -  I am always a margarine fan when cooking. And I won't use anything else but Parkay. 
4 pkg (8 oz. each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened - So yes this is totally unhealthy for you, but sometimes we all deserve a treat right?
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled
4 eggs
1/2 cup blueberries - See look, there's fruit!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Line 9x13-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting into pieces. Serve topped with blueberries.




So no judging the picture taker. Rob wasn't home and I was trying so hard not to mess this up too badly that I forgot to take pictures along the way. Make it yourself and take pictures if you want more pictures that badly. Okay, so maybe you didn't say anything regarding the matter at all, but just being ahead of the game.

I was honestly nervous the entire time I was making this. I was afraid I wasn't doing things right and it would be horrible and I wasted time and money for nothing. Of course, even if it wasn't the greatest, Rob would eat it, just like any good husband would. I love baking but this was in a different league than I have explored before. I'm still learning and this was just really different than anything I had cooked prior.

This is also when I'm going to input my thoughts about mixers. I used a hand mixer and it was hard. It's hard with cookie dough half the time. I didn't register for one of those KitchenAid stand mixers: 1) because it was too expensive; 2) I figured anything I need to mix, I can do by hand. It was during this that I wished I had one of those. Maybe I can save up my pennies and one day I can convince Rob to get one. So for anyone that has this - or anything else I make for that matter - know that it was mixed with love and lots of hard work. It's not always an easy process so if it's made and good and I had to mix it then I put a lot of hand hard work into it.

Oh, I'm sorry you thought I was rambling and you just wanted to know how it was?



It might look a little funny. Don't really know why that is, but it is so good that that doesn't even matter. Next time I make this, I'll try to make it look prettier. How about that? But seriously, doesn't even matter what it looks like because it is seriously delicious! Look's like I make a pretty decent cheesecake after all.

I guess, Rob and I alone should not be the only judge(s) of this cheesecake, so there are some lucky family members - one of which just celebrated a birthday - who is going reap the benefits of my all-day baking. So for those of you who are going to eat this tomorrow - you know who you are - you best like this! It took me a very long time! Totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...