Mar 18, 2012

How 'Bout Them Reads: The Hunger Games

I know what you're thinking, haven't I heard this book before? Yes I have. So your next question might be - why is it that I'm counting it in my reading challenge then? Because even if I have read it before, I still read it now so no matter which way you slice it, it's still a book I read and finished in 2012. The whole reason why I wanted to read this book again is because the movie is coming out on the 23rd - the end of this week - yay! And I like to read the books before I see the movie, or in this case reread. I used to read whichever Harry Potter book when the movie of the same number came out. So why not do the same for The Hunger Games. And let me tell you I love it just as much this time as I did the last time.

via
I could sit here and summarize the book for you but I don't think I could without feeling like I was ruining it a little bit. This book is exciting and thrilling. And you can't help but fall in love with the characters. They are well written and you just want to cheer them on through the whole book. They are so easy to relate to that you can't help but see a little of yourself in at least one of these characters. And Katniss is a fighter. She's a survivor through and through and she is flawed. There is just so much to like about this book. The first time I read this book, I read it in two days and even though I knew how it was going to end this time, I again read it in two days. It's an easy read but it's one that also pulls you all the way through the book and makes you keep reading. It's a good book to read on the weekend when you have lots of time - because you'll use it all reading!

So if my first post about it, didn't persuade you to read it, hopefully this one will. Don't just go see the movie - although I'm super excited about the movie. Definitely read this book. It's well worth it!

18/52


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...