Apr 1, 2012

Chapter 2: And Baby Makes Three...

Well, I guess technically baby makes four - if you count Stella and since she is such an important member of our household, we'll at least give her half a count.

So by now you know our big news. And if you don't....SURPRISE! Okay, now that that's out of the way, you know our big news and we're excited. We are over the moon excited about Little Baby Evans (mostly known very affectionately in our household as Poppy) that will grace us with his/her presence in just under nine months.

And since this all new to me - I know many of you who are readers have experienced all this before, but I haven't so I'm definitely allowed to enjoy and document my journey - this is my blog after all. So what better place to start than at the beginning?

We had decided to let nature take its course and go off birth control at the first of the year. We had been talking about a family, but we were just going to let whatever happened happen. But really we had no idea how long it would take. Honestly, we were expecting it to take a few months. I might have been expecting for it to take longer than Rob thought because my body has always had a regulating problem, so I just figured it would take a little while. But much to our surprise mid-February, I became very sore. My whole body hurt. I had some crazy mood swings. I was extra hungry. I was having more cramps than I cared for (especially considering I like having no cramps). I was extra tired. I knew something was off. But after being on birth control then going on, I thought maybe it was just an affect as my body regulated again. But Rob started telling me over and over that I was pregnant. He was sure of it. Me, not so much. I just figured it my body was regulating out and maybe I was more stressed so my body was responding that way.

But my symptoms kept on and my body temperature (that I took each morning) keep going up. I really wasn't feeling like myself anymore. I was completely and totally exhausted. I would get home from working five hours at the easiest job in the world and all I wanted to do was crash. It took more energy than I had to do anything. So finally I started agreeing with Rob - something wasn't right and maybe I was pregnant.

So one evening as we were playing MarioKart on the Wii, I told him I was going to go take a pregnancy test. So he continued to play while I went about my business. While I waited for the three minutes, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Then finally the moment of truth. I looked at the test and saw just one line. Honestly, I was disappointed - which was part of the reason why I kept Rob I wasn't pregnant because I didn't want to get my hopes up then get disappointed. But I knew there was something wrong with my body, so I still could be pregnant but it was just too early to tell. I do have a patience problem after all. But just to be sure, I looked again. And this time I did see a faint second pink line. But I thought my eyes were maybe playing tricks on me.

Rob comes wandering in and I hand him the test. I tell him that I think there's a faint pink line, but I can't tell for certain. So he takes some time to study the test and finally concludes that it's just a scratch. Which then takes us on a longer-than-necessary discussion on if it was actually a line or just a scratch. It's really the romantic, charming, creative, beautiful moment that every woman dreams of when she envisions telling her husband she's pregnant. But that's my Rob for you.

So finally after much discussion, he agrees that it is indeed a pink line, and a big smile spreads across his face.


We did take another test later just to confirm that it really was a pink line and not a scratch. But randomly for the next few weeks - and even now - one of us was say 'We're having a baby' and we both get these huge smiles on our faces. I will interject here that we did make a small wager: he is convinced that Poppy will be a girl and I think a boy. So we bet five dollars. May the winner enjoy her favorite and yummy cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...