Jun 12, 2012

Week 18

You are a punching, kicking, rolling fool! And hopefully I'll be feeling you soon. I look forward to
feeling you. I'm not completely sure what I'm feeling for exactly, so if you could make it really obvious that would be great. Our doctor said I should feel some movement in the next couple weeks, so now it's just a waiting game! And I'm excited about it. Granted, the excitement will probably die off when I can feel you regularly and you use my insides as a punching bag in the middle of the night. Just so you know it really is okay to sleep when I do. Now that I've said my peace about that, we can get back to you and what you are up to. You have mastered yawning and hiccuping. Hopefully you'll be like me and never get the hiccups because I'll be able to feel the hiccups too. You have also become even more unique this week because you now have your own set of fingerprints on your fingers and toes.

Mostly I'm feeling great, but I do still have off days. A lot of those days are because of a restless night of sleep. I can't seem to get comfortable at night. My back is really starting to ache constantly. But on the positive side of things, my baby bump seems to have popped overnight. I have felt like I was just looking fat or that I ate a big lunch, but now I actually look a little pregnant. Maybe you moved out of my pelvis! The morning sickness has stopped mostly - knock on wood. I'm still feeling a bit queasy in the mornings, but after I get something to eat I'm usually fine. Is that your way of telling me that you're hungry? Are you going to be like the Pointer women - grumpy when hungry? Looks like your dad will his hands full of us!

So now that we think we are having a girl, I can start planning the nursery. Yes, we could find out that we are actually having a boy, so it could all change but I have no plans to buy or register for anything yet. Before when I didn't know I would look and get a general idea of what I would like to do, but now I can really start planning and picturing. Plus, picking colors! It's all so much fun! Perhaps I'm nesting. Yes, I can confidently say I'm nesting. And we will have our house (actually in a couple weeks now) way before she comes so I will be able to paint and put things on the walls, and have fun designing the room.

There is so many places that you can go for inspiration on these days. Pinterest is the obvious one but also sites like The Bump and Project Nursery both have tons of ideas. So I have had fun coming up with some ideas. Of course, it is all a little harder when I can't even picture the room in my head. I hope that once I walk in I will see what I want better. As of right now I have a few ideas picked out including paint color.

Of course I can't tell you my final decision between my three ideas because I don't even know yet. Nor am I going to show you the three I'm deciding between right now. Plus we need to make sure this baby really is a girl first - let's hope she works with us this time!

But so many of my ideas were pulled from those sites I listed so I thought I would share a few of my favorites:
IMG_4996
via

DSC00915
via


pan
via
I love that there are so many cute, easy ideas out there that regular, creatively-challenged people like myself can do. I'm excited about finding out for more than 51% that is is a girl (or I would love a boy too), moving into the house, and start setting it all up!

(Monday, June 4 - Sunday, June 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...