Jul 14, 2012

How 'Bout Them Reads: The Host

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately but I have been struggling getting through books. I actually had started another one before this book but I was having trouble so I decided to try another book. Turned out that didn't help. Perhaps if I hadn't picked a 619 page book? Regardless, it took me far too long to get through this book or any of my recent books. But clearly since I am writing this now I have successfully finished this book.

via
I don't know where I picked this book up at. I think it was given to me. And oddly enough Rob had read - well technically listened to - this book previously and warned me it was sci-fi. Honestly, it was horrible. It wasn't the typical book I would normally pick up but I had it and my goal is to read all the books I currently own so this one had to be read. It was coming like it or not.

This book was 619 pages long and hard to explain. But in a nutshell, there are these souls (aliens basically) that came over different planets and have been taking over the earth. This one soul Wanderer is put in the body of a girl who has a lot to lose and won't give up her body without a fight. Wanderer starts to feel what this girl, Melanie, is feeling and soon they start out on an adventure to find what Melanie left behind. And she finds so much more than she expected. She finds a world hidden and she slowly is learning to be apart of this world and what it means to be human.

It was a very slow for basically the first 450 pages. But I got through it. And I'm happy I did. I'm happy I got through this book and finished it. It was about time I finished a book. It had been far too long since I have finished a book. So I'm off again to another book. Hopefully this will go better.

31/52

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure I gave it to you, although I don't exactly remember why. Sorry to hear it wasn't great. :/

    ReplyDelete

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...