Jul 10, 2012

Week 22

Baby, baby, baby! I have become a host for you now, huh? You are just taking over. So maybe not but it sure feels that way. You just keep getting bigger and bigger, which definitely is excellent. We have you to to keep growing - strong and healthy. You are about the size of a papaya now. Honestly, I'm not sure I have ever seen a papaya in person so I have no reference on size but I'll look next time I'm at the grocery store. I'm not going to say to say you look more like a newborn because that seems like a duh-statement. You may start grabbing at the umbilical cord with your strong grip. You can also perceive light and dark, so if I shine a flashlight you might react and move around. You can also hear my voice, plus everything else around you. And I really have to be careful what I eat because you just keep tasting what I eat. I really want you to like vegetables and all that good stuff. You are also on a sleeping cycle now, so if you could sleep with me that would be great. I love feeling you move and kick but I may like it less if it is always in the middle of the night.

I'm feeling pretty good. Excited we finally know we are having you and that you are a girl for certain. Thanks kid for letting us in on the secret. I can feel you moving and even cooler is your dad has been able to feel you a couple times. I guess you gotta kick us while you can. I have been a lot more hungry lately. I don't generally eat a lot in one sitting but I eat often. Been pretty uncomfortable with my back aching and this horrible heat. But at least I'm still sleeping through the night. I think I have a little bit of nesting going on. I'm so excited to get your room all set up. I can't believe we are already more than halfway there. You will be here in no time!

We are having a girl! But I bet you already knew that. It sure does seem like there has been a lot of little girls born lately. Where have all the boys gone? As most of you know, Rob and I had a bet going about if baby boop would be a girl or a boy. And I really thought it would be a boy, but alas I was wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled with having a girl. I would have been thrilled either way, but it sure would have been nice to win the bet. : ) It's weird finally knowing. We have had this bet going and then we knew it was a 51% chance it was a girl, but actually knowing that we are having a girl and being able to call her Addison instead of Poppy is a little weird. It makes it a little more real somehow. Not that the fact that my stomach is getting bigger, my sore and tired all the time, I feel like I'm eating constantly, and I can feel something moving inside of me doesn't make it real or anything. It's just weird actually knowing. I can actually make my final plans about the baby's room now. I can decide on colors and actually finally be able to register (I will get to registering I promise, I just have to find time with Rob having annual training coming up and all that).

It is definitely exciting knowing we're having a girl. And Rob will be a pro with a girl. I watch him with our nieces and he's a natural. He's always been good with kids, but he's amazing with those two little girls. But probably what he doesn't see coming is how quickly our little girl will wrap him around her little finger. He shakes his head and says it will never happen but we both know he'll take one look at her and being instantly in love.

We want a big family - I'm not talking Dugger big for any of you who are gasping right now - so maybe that little boy that I would love to have too will still be in the cards. Rob tells me that we are going to have all girls, but I'm sure - or at least I hope - that one day we will get a little boy too. But for now we are thrilled with a girl. We are thrilled to know. We are thrilled about Addison Sophia, who will change our lives in more ways than we could ever imagine!


(Monday, July 2 - Sunday, July 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...