Jul 24, 2012

Week 24


It seems a little funny because my book, What to Expect When You're Expecting, told me that you have "outgrown the fruit references" but The Bump seems to think you haven't and are now the size of a cantaloupe. Interesting...Regardless of if you are the size of a cantaloupe or the size of a standard letter (that's what the book now equates you to), you are growing. Your body is accumulating baby fat, along with your organs, bones and muscles which are constantly growing. Your face is almost fully formed which is pretty cool. I'm so curious to who you'll look more like. And will your eyes be green like mine or hazel like your dad's or you going to go all crazy on us and have blue eyes? You also have a full set of eyelashes and eyebrows and some white hair on that head of yours. It has no pigment yet so it is just snow white. Not to be confused with the Disney character snow white who had very dark black hair....

I'm feeling so-so. It's been annual training and we aren't such a fan of annual training, are we? It is stressful and we don't like daddy being gone. Luckily he's been able to come home for about half the week before he was actually gone. That might be what's causing the stress and therefore causing me to feeling really sick this week. I actually got sick too at one point and thought I was going to toss my cookies (or my Cheerios) at another. And my back. Baby girl you are killing my back. I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. My back just aches all the time. It's really not so much fun. I was debating if I would rather have the morning sickness which was only in the mornings and then I felt better but I did have to throw up or if I rather have this back pain stage which is ALL the time. Neither sounds appealing. I never get tired of feeling you move. Other than the mega back pain things have been pretty much the same. My belly is definitely getting bigger which is good. You need to be growing in there. Lots and lots of growing!

I have been doing some reading. More specifically Addison and I have been doing some reading. We started a couple weeks ago. We try to read every night to Addie. I know some of you might be thinking I'm a little crazy and that might be true, but she can hear my voice so why not read to her? She will learn my voice all the more. And even better Rob reads to her regularly and she's learning his voice. There's nothing cooler than when she's moving a whole bunch and he starts reading and she settles down.

I also did some research about reading to the baby in the womb and learned that if you read to your baby then it will help your baby recognize your voice and even more they will learn the cadence of your voice and the book(s) so it can have a calming effect after the baby is actually born. How true that actually is? No clue, but I can sure give it a try, right? Even if that isn't true, she can still hear my voice and hear the books I read to her. I am going to try to make her a bookworm from the start. We do love books in our family.

Rob and I have chosen to read mostly Dr. Seuss books to her. Right now we don't have a lot of children's books in the house. We had no reason to but we have started very slowly to build up her own library of books. But the books we have started with are Dr. Seuss books. I've been reading Oh, The Places You'll Go and let me just say that I did not realize how inspiration that book is. But it sure is fun to read and I have even already started to memorize parts of it. It's not exactly hard to do. Rob reads her The Sneetches (and the other couple stories that came in the book) mostly. She also gets to hear One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham from both of us. 

So call us crazy if you want but we enjoy reading to Addison. We enjoy feeling her kick and move then settle down to the sound of our voices. We enjoy having reading time with our unborn daughter.

(Monday, July 16 - Sunday, July 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...