Sep 11, 2012

Week 31

 You are the size of a pineapple. I love pineapple. But don't worry I love you more, sweet girl. You are just growing away, but you still have about 3 to 5 pounds more to gain before delivery. Which is coming closer and closer these days. So you just keep growing away! Your brain is busy being complex. You are processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. You are also sleeping more. Just make sure you save up some of that sleep time for after you're born and your dear mother needs some sleep.


I wish this has been a better week. But that's for another day, another time. I'm up every night at least once, sometimes twice. It's really unpleasant. I don't necessarily have trouble falling back to sleep, but I'm sure not getting a restful night's sleep. I'm feeling a little drained. You have been paying special attention to my bladder lately, so much so that the other day I was just sitting there and you gave me such a hit to the bladder that I thought I would pee my pants right then and there. Charming story, I know. Makes me think you will be a lot like your dad. I know most babies do this kind of thing in the womb, but when I did tell your father about this, he laughed and said that you get a high-five for that after you're born. You are already your father's daughter. And you know what, I'm okay with that, just be a little nicer to my bladder from now on....please?

I had my first baby shower this last weekend, and first I want to say a big thank you to everyone for the gifts and for coming. Addison thanks you too, even if she can't verbalize it yet. The hubs and I headed up for a four hour drive, which overall wasn't too bad. We only had to stop once for a bathroom break which is pretty good in my book, considering sometimes I have to get up more than that in a night. I guess Addison wasn't being nice to my bladder that day. The baby shower was on Saturday, which gave us a chance to just hang out with his family on Friday night once we finally got there.

There was about 12 or so women that came to my shower and amazingly enough I remembered all of them (I only see the Evans side once in a blue moon). I had requested no games, which worked out great because that gave us a chance to just talk and eat and open presents without feeling like we were on a time table (especially considering there was an Iowa-Iowa State game on that day). I got lots more clothes and some blankets. Well, technically Addison did, which will make her one very well dressed little girl. In addition, we got the rocking chair, which actually ended up buying the next day down here (but that's a different story for a different day) by his parents. And a new crib from my parents (don't worry Eladie, we won't be rushing your out of your bed).

Overall, the shower was great. It was good to see everyone and be able to get that much more prepared for Addison's arrival. So thanks again!

(Monday, September 3 - Sunday, September 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...