Sep 25, 2012

Week 33

You are gaining weight like crazy these days - hopefully not all due to the gestational diabetes. We are definitely aiming for a healthy weight, Missy! The average is about 4 1/2 pounds, but two weeks ago you were measuring big at 4 pounds 5 ounces. But growing is good. Growing is exactly what we are looking for. There isn't a lot of developmental things going on because you are all developed. You are just practicing those skills you'll need outside the womb. The amniotic fluid has leveled out at its max now, which means that every poke and kick and jab is a bit more uncomfortable and painful because there is less cushion (not that I had a lot to begin with). Antibodies are also being passed along from me to you, which is important for your immune system.


Honestly, I have felt crummy. It has nothing to do with you or this pregnancy, but more about those pesky allergies that I have seem to be fighting. Getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is rough, and now I've been having trouble falling back to sleep despite being tired. Apparently this is just my body's way of getting me ready for those late, long nights. I seem to have the gestational diabetes under control for the most part. I had a string of good days and good numbers, but I have had the occasion high number - maybe because I've been feeling under-the-weather and that can affect my numbers? But for the most part I've been doing good on numbers, which is good because I have been trying so hard to eat the right things and do the right things by Addison. I am definitely looking forward to going back to eating normally and in fact I even have a list going of the foods I want to eat after she is born including brownies (been craving these for weeks), orange juice, bananas, and chili. Mostly things have been good - just trying to get over this cold or allergies or whatever this is and trying to keep my numbers under control.

I had my second (and last) baby shower. And I had quite a good time. This time, this shower was in my hood, which basically meant I knew everyone without having to try so hard to remember (memory's not so great these days). Not to say that I didn't enjoy the one in Iowa but I did. It was great seeing everyone up there, but it was also great to see my side of the family. Living out in the Kansas side makes it harder to see everyone sometimes, but a baby shower was just the right occasion to see family (or at least the females of the family).

Just like with the Iowa shower, we had no games which I was definitely okay with. But my sister did say a beautiful prayer before we started. So basically the the whole shower was just eating, opening presents, and just chatting with everyone. And here's where I want to get props to my mom for working hard to make sure there was food I could eat at the shower. We had planned the chocolate fountain, which is our favorite thing to pull out at these sort of occasions, but I can't have the chocolate and I'm even limited on the fruit I can have. But never fear, there was food I could eat including devil eggs (which is free for me to eat - yummy protein) and sugar-free jello (j-e-l-l-o, it's alive!).

Although I would never just thank someone for their genorsity via the internet (I always feel like handwritten notes are the way to go when it comes to thank yous), I want to say a big thank you to everyone that came and got me a gift. With all the gift cards we received, we were able to buy the port-a-crib, another box of newborn diapers, the changing table sheet, and health and grooming kit for just $6.00. So major thank you!

It was great to see everyone and I appreciate everyone coming out for me and Addison. We are very lucky to have such awesome family and friends.

(Monday, September 17 - Sunday, September 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...