Oct 5, 2012

The One with the Tired, Sleep-Running Marine // Happy Friday

Here's the tale of a very tired Marine and his misfortune while trying to answer the door:

Last weekend of drill weekend for the hubs which almost always equals tired. And to make matters worse, he had to run the CFT (Combat Fitness Test - basically what you need to know is that it is tiring), so he was definitely even more tired. But he did get promoted last weekend, which I previously talked about so he was able to take the rest of the day off and have lunch with his parents and myself, and just chill around the house with me later that evening.

Well, during our chill time and after I decided I was hungry, we ordered a pizza and then he promptly fell asleep. About thirty minutes later when our pizza arrived, the pizza man rang the doorbell. You'd think that would be no big deal and it wasn't in fact, except that Rob didn't react when the doorbell rang. So I gave him a little shake.

This was apparently a bad idea. His reaction was then to jump up like the house was on fire and take off for the stairs. Everything seemed all well and good until I hear this huge thump. I knew something was amiss so I yell down asking if he was okay. No response. I get up at that point because my husband might be laying unconsicous at the bottom of the stairs and the pizza man is standing outside waiting for us to open the door.

Luckily, by the time I get to the stairs, Rob was closing the front door, pizza in hand. So apparently he survived what happened. My first thought then is that maybe he just jumped those last few stairs - I don't know why he would have been so eager to answer the door for the pizza man, but whatever I wasn't going to question.

But unfortunately for him, that was not what happened. In fact, the details of the story are a little shaky at this point. He did indeed run for the door like there was a fire and he did indeed make it down the first few steps without problem. That's the part I could see, but from then on the story is strange because he was not fully awake until he was laying on the floor, telling himself to get up and answer the door.

Apparently, I have a sleep-runner in my household. He told me that he was aware the doorbell rang and my shaking him, but he wasn't fully consciously awake until he was sprawled across the floor. No, he didn't hit his head or anything. He was just not all there yet until he hit the floor.

I should say that he is fine. No bruises to speak of although he is a little sore, but he did run a CFT that day as well, so that's definitely not helping matters. I should also mention that I got full permission to publish this story from Sir Falls-A-Lot, so no I will not be getting in trouble later for this crazy, funny story.

I can't even imagine what the pizza guy is thinking at this point, considering his fall was loud and no doubt heard it from outside. Luckily we didn't have the front door open. Now that would have been embarrassing!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...