Oct 16, 2012

Week 36

You aren't growing any taller anymore, but you are still gaining weight. Most of your system is equipped for life outside the womb, from your circulatory to musculoskeletal system. Your digestive system is ready to do its job. All it needs is for you to come into this world and after the first time you eat, your digestive system will be jump-started and your diapers will start filling on up. Can't say I'm overly excited about diaper duty but for you, I'm okay with all those healthy, filled-up diapers. We are in the final countdown now, Little Bit, and before you know it you'll be here. It's hard to believe, but I am so ready.

Well, we are one week closer now. We are so close that I can almost smell the baby wipes! I think at this point we are both really ready. You are still doing a little growing in there and we aren't quite ready to see you yet, but let's be honest, you're cramped and I'm uncomfortable. It's those long legs of yours. You just have no room for them. Don't worry I never knew what to do with my long limps either - unfortunately that also made me a bit on the clumsy side. I'm feeling better than I was feeling last week in general. Just as uncomfortable if not more. And so ready for a normal diet. I'm craving stuff like crazy but most of it I can't have. Not being able to eat something as simple as cereal is a cruel joke from the gestational diabetes gods. But overall, just ready to meet you. Ready to be able to sleep on my stomach. Ready to eat a normal diet.  Ready to not be so uncomfortable. Ready to not be pregnant. So what I'm saying is, baby girl, when the time comes and they induce me. Don't be stubborn. Just let it happen. You are coming out one way or another, so be kind to your dear mama and work me a bit. I would greatly appreciate it!

After Addison is born and we are out of the hospital, Rob and I have to learn how to navigate the parenting waters. Luckily, she should be fairly forgiving and we will all learn together. Which is exactly what I want. I want to figure out our routine as a family and figure out what we are actually supposed to do with a newborn once we get home. I'm excited. It's a new adventure and it's one I'm excited to take with my husband.

But one thing I don't want to try to do while starting this new adventure is to figure out what we are going to eat each night. So that's where meal planning comes in. This is even more important because we are choosing to not have too much extra help along the way. We want to be able to bond as a family. But since I'm the primary cook in the family, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for Rob as he also navigates the cooking waters.

So in preparation I have prepared a list of meals for after Addison graces us with her presence and we are back home from the hospital. Making this list has definitely been easier than it might be for others because a lot of things on this list are things that I can't have now but so desperately want, such as lil' smokies. Those are a breeze. Some barbecue sauce and the lil' smokies in a crock pot and we're off and running. Plus, with it being the end of October/beginning of November, soups are always a good choice and super easy to make.

I have decided to not do a lot of make-ahead meals because it's hard to make something now that I want but can't have, i.e. lasagna. Lasagna may take awhile to cook, but it doesn't take a long time to make. Having meals like this and planning them ahead of time takes the stress out of trying to figure out what to eat when you're starving and exhausted and have nothing in the house. Last thing we need is to eat pizza every night, although the hubs would probably be okay with that if I let that fly. Instead, I'm going to shove him into the world of cooking. If it helps, I have full confidence in him - everything he has made up to this point has been pretty decent, other than that unfortunate mac and cheese incident that we don't speak of....

(Monday, October 8 - Sunday, October 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...