Dec 3, 2012

Unpacking: Kitchen

I have deemed this week kitchen week. Why? Because it is such an important room in a house. Because I haven't talked about my kitchen. Because I can.

So first up on kitchen week is what my kitchen actually looks like and all those things I would love to still do in that room (much to Rob's dismay).

When we first looked at this house, the kitchen really caught my attention and won my heart. It is smaller than my apartment kitchen but I won't trade back for anything. It definitely made it difficult to find a home for everything. But with the help of my mom on move-in day, my kitchen was unpacked with a home for everything! Otherwise I'm fairly certain a lot of things would still be in boxes (Addison came too early for me to really get into my nesting stage).

Well, here it is, my mostly clean kitchen:






Yeah, who's jealous about my under-cabinet, counter lights? I L-O-V-E them. It is the number one thing I used to complain about at the apartment. I was always cooking in the shadows and it drove me crazy.

The kitchen was redone it order for the house to sell (it worked!), but there are a couple of things I would like to still do.

The pantry. I love having a pantry but this one is deep thus making it difficult to find anything. We have a couple ideas to make it easier to use, such as pull out shelves in order to really get the most out of the space and not let things get lost. I also lose a lot of space with the spices. I have a spice rack but I also have a collection that are not on the rack. I have seen these, which I can label and place on the door of a cabinet to save space. I also have my eye on some clear containers that can be stacked for storing pasta and the like. I am all about figuring out how to make my pantry better and easier.

The other thing I'm wanting to do is find a better way to keep all my sink stuff. I have an idea I saw on pinterest. It's an easy, cheap DIY; I just need to do it.

Mostly my kitchen is perfect and I love it. But trust me when I say I'll love it more once we get this pantry thing figured out.

And that's day one of kitchen week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...