Dec 4, 2012

What's in the Pantry

Welcome to day two of kitchen week! Today is all about the pantry. I know I talked about it yesterday but I didn't show you a picture of inside. Don't judge, I know my pantry is a disaster. Like I said yesterday, I need a better system.


Now that you've seen my pantry. Let me highlights some of my oddball and not so oddball things I have stashed away in that mess!

#1: I got this can of baked beans while I as pregnant before the gestational diabetes. I was carving baked beans like crazy, which is weird considering I don't normally like baked beans. I got them right before I was diagnosed, so I never got a chance to eat them. And now one day soon I will eat these baked beans I wanted so bad in pregnancy. 


#2: I have a lot of recipes that need lemon juice. Instead of buying real lemons which would be so much better, I buy just lemon juice, so it's not such a waste of a lemon. Pretty a staple for me. 


#3: I love me some brownies. I did get my brownies after Addison was born, and now we have another box just waiting to be made. Hmm, I'm thinking we might be having a some brownies here soon. 


#4: 5-hour energy. A much needed pick-me-up for those with infants. I, however, can't have any. It even says not to if you are pregnant or nursing on the box. But Rob has found these helpful more than once. Gotta love a man who will help with night duty even when he's working full-time. 


#5: Fresh is always better. But canned vegetables are a major time saver and great to have on hand to make with any meal. 


#6: A jar of artichoke hearts. Probably the strangest of all the things in my pantry. I think I originally got them for a recipe, but now I have no idea what the recipe is now. And clearly I didn't make the recipe at the time. So now I have a jar of artichoke hearts with nothing to do with. Maybe I'll find that recipe again. But if not then I have me some artichoke hearts. 


And that's my pantry. Okay so really just a small sample of my pantry. You saw a picture of my pantry, I have a lot more in there. And maybe one day it'll be organized...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...