Mar 26, 2013

Making the Cut: 30 Day Shred

Yup, I'm back at it again. After completing six weeks of Shred It With Weights, I have now started 30 Day Shred. Call me crazy. The hubs sure did think I was a little crazy for planning out all my workouts for the next few months. So yes maybe I am a bit crazy, but I needed a hobby, right? Regardless of how crazy I am, I am now on week two of 30 Day Shred.

via
I have started this workout many times before. And many times before I have so easily given up. I have barely made it through week one let alone the rest of the workout. Almost every time I set myself up to fail for a couple reasons. First, I always tried to keep up with Jillian Michaels, which is pretty much impossible if you are first starting out. So instead of doing my best and doing as much as I can do at that moment of my life, I burned myself out by setting myself up to do the impossible. Second, I always planned to do more than two weeks at each level. That doesn't sound so bad except for the part about me being antsy. So first I was feeling like it was impossible to do the workout in the first place by trying to keep up so I was getting burned out then I was getting bored of doing the exact same thing every day for weeks upon weeks.

But this time when I set my mind to working out, I decided not to start with 30 Day Shred because I felt like if I did that then I would setting myself to fail once again. And I was determined not to do that this time. So I  started with Shred It With Weights and conquered six weeks of that craziness. Then I decided that I wanted to do 30 Day Shred because it would hang over my head, daunting me, until I conquered it. So that's why I decided to do this workout next.

So like I said, this is my second week of 30 Day Shred, which means I am only on level one. And let me just say that compared to the last five or so times I have tried to do this workout, this time is a breeze. I'm not saying it isn't hard. It definitely is and I'm definitely feeling every exercise. And every better I am definitely seeing improvement - well, okay I have trouble seeing it on my own body but the hubs says there is a definite difference (although keep in mind I have been working out for six weeks before I started 30 Day Shred but there is still definitely a difference even from this last week). But overall, this workout is so much easier. I don't actually feel like I'm going to die.

One of the first exercises is push-ups. Something I could never do before. I'm not saying I'm a pro at them now, and I definitely still do the girly push-ups (knees on the floor), but I could barely do two before. And now I am doing 10 with each set. Something that I could never even imagine me doing before. I never even dreamed I could do 20 push-ups in a workout much less in the same week. It may not be that exciting for you but to me this is amazing and I'm extremely proud of myself.

Instead of walking into 30 Day Shred not exercising in a long time and trying to keep up or even survive, I'm walking in already having exercised for the last six weeks (and lifting and carrying an 18-pound little, wiggly girl up and down stairs around the house). I'm also going into this with a different attitude. It takes time for your body to change, but seeing the changes already is definitely helping to keep me going. Also, instead of trying to keep up with JM on every workout, there are some I have to do at my own pace. Sometimes I have to slow down because to me it is more important that I am doing it correctly and really getting the most out of it so sometimes using a heavier weight then using a lighter weight (or none at all) and keeping up. If you want change then you have to push yourself (that seems to be my motto right now!).

So do I recommend this workout to everyone? No probably not. I personally hate it. But yes I am doing it. I think my hatred runs deep and because of all those times I have so quickly given up. I do love that it pushes me. I love that it is making a difference. I love feeling better. So for that I love it, but otherwise I hate it. And I can't wait to get done with it. So I would say wish me luck but it is not necessary. I will be finishing this workout. I will be kicking its DVD shaped butt all the way back to the case!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...