Mar 11, 2013

My Week in Crock Pot Meals

I had hoped that I would have been able to do a week of just crock pot meals earlier this winter, but it just didn't happen. I didn't exactly do a great job cooking on a regular basis, but let's not discuss that failing. Although this didn't happen as early as I might have like, I did finally did a week of just crock pot meals. Why did I want to do just a week of crock pot meals? Not completely sure. Just because. Just to say I did it I guess. I guess it doesn't matter much why, just that I did it. And now I have done it and it was a smashing success.

It was so easy because all I had to do was put everything together in the morning and it was ready by the time Rob got home that evening without any work. Definitely nice. So you curious of what we ate during our crock pot week (I should warn you that this goes from Tuesday to Sunday. On Monday we had leftovers because it was grocery day and it's hard to start a crock pot meal when most need 8 hours or so and we didn't go to the grocery store until late morning.)

Tuesday
Chicken and Dumplings


Wednesday
Broccoli Casserole


Thursday
Slow Cooker Pizza Soup


Friday
Shredded Beef Tacos


Saturday
Lil' Smokies
**Insert Picture Here**  So okay, no picture. I forgot to take a picture of dinner, but we all know what lil' smokies look like right? If not, look it up. Or better yet, go to the store and buy some with some barbecue and try them for yourself, but know that they are bad for the calorie counting.   


Sunday
Spicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken


It was actually really nice to not have to prepare anything in the evenings. Most of the meals were actually really good and we really enjoyed them (well, most of them). I will definitely start using my crock pot way more. There are plenty of sites out there and thousands of recipes of crock pot recipes that we could make any time of the year. I have never ignored my crock pot exactly, but I have never used it as fully as it really wants to be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...