Mar 6, 2013

The Case of the Mommy Hermit

Before Addison was born I never went out by myself all that much. If I did go out it was always before dark if I could help it. Occasionally I would go somewhere after I got off from work at 2, but usually just a trip to the grocery store and maybe Hobby Lobby. I would sometimes even go to the movies alone on drill weekends. But more often than that I would just wait for Rob to come home or the weekend and we would go out together.

But since I had Addie, I have become quite the little hermit. First she was just too young to take out. Then flu season. Then it got cold. Then a blizzard. So with all of that, we just don't get out much. We usually wait until Rob gets home then we take family outings. We go to the grocery store together. He walks out with Addie, entertaining her while I pick things up. Then when he passes by with the cart, I drop stuff in. And this is how it goes with most shopping trips. 

It's not that Addison and I never go anywhere just the two of us during the day, but I seem to be scared to take her out. Sounds crazy? Probably is. We've gone out before and she has had a meltdown and I was able to calm her, but I have this horrible fear of a total meltdown and I'm not able to calm her. It's not that babies don't cry but I psych myself out and in the house we stay. 

So mostly we stay home. We don't go anywhere. We just hang out around the house doing our thing. It works well for us. Not to say that I don't get antsy. Boy do I get antsy! I'm actually really looking forward to when we can go for walks, when the weather is nice and I don't mind going out. Bundling up is a major pain. 

But mostly, I'm trying to get out my fear of going out alone with Addie. We actually went out recently to the grocery store, and she did awesome. She is also a lot easier to entertain these days. I spend the entire trip talking to her and we play with Ribbit and she just looks at things. She does so much better than she used to.  So for the time being we are just going to do our thing, hanging out around the house, singing, playing, eating, napping. Maybe one day I'll get out again. See the world. Or at least see the city. Okay, okay, maybe just go to the store. Baby steps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...