Mar 29, 2013

The Worst Part // Happy Friday

I love my daughter. I love being a mom. I look forward to having more kids. But there are some things about having a baby, about pregnancy, about postpartum that kind of suck. Let's not pretend that this whole process if all sunshine, beaches, and walks in the park. I could easily make a list of all those things that are a bit more unpleasant. Marathon feeding sessions (seriously, it makes you wonder how much a kid can really eat in one day), sleepless nights, random bouts crying and for no reason that you can figure out, and let's not forget you wondering if you are doing anything right at all raising your kid (I'll be honest I have wonder a time or two if I am doing this right - it turns out this is a huge responsibility raising a kid). Don't get me wrong there are a heck of a lot more good things than bad. And all those marathon feeding sessions end and one day you'll sleep more than two hours at a time again, and eventually you'll figure out what all the crying is really about (although sometimes you'll figure out that there is really no reason at all).

There are definitely other things not so pleasant that has to do with pregnancy and your own body as it tries to heal or grow a human being. Although I did have a bit of a difficult pregnancy. And for a long time after you give birth to that tiny human being that you have no idea what to do with once you finally get home, your body is healing and you won't really feel like yourself for awhile. But even then, that is not the worst part for me.

Now I fully realize that everyone's story is different and some had some a traumatic births. Some had way worst pregnancies than I had. Some have babies with colic. Everyone's story is different.

But the worst part for me is the massive hair loss.

Don't laugh. I'm serious.

I always heard that you lose your hair after you have a baby but I didn't realize how bad it really would get. I keep thinking that I'll wake up one day and be bald. I'm not even kidding. I keep finding hair everywhere, including in my kid's diaper (it's disgusting and seriously poor kid!). And what surprised me the most is that this massive hair loss started months - no seriously months - after I had her. Let's see she is a couple weeks shy of 6 months and this massive hair loss started about a month ago, give or take. So five months postpartum, no more breastfeeding, back on birth control, and everything is basically back to normal (or at least our new normal that includes the cutest little person I have ever met) and now I start losing my hair.

Does the massive hair loss ever end? I can't say for certain, but I sure hope so. So I guess until then I'll just wear my hair up and keep apologizing to my ever patient husband for dealing with the insane amounts of hair loss that is taking over our house. Yuck!

As best said by someone else I don't know on the bump boards: "It looks like Wookie bathes in my bathroom everyday."
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...