Apr 18, 2013

A Bit More Welcoming

Just recently I decided our front hall wall needed a makeover. And when I say makeover, I mean it just needed something done with the wall in general. The front door is not one we frequent. It is only when we have guests over do we really use the front door. It is also the wall you see when you are sitting in the sitting room. For a long time, all I did was sit in the sitting room and stare at the wall unsure of what to do. I looked around online for some ideas but there was nothing I was crazy about. The wall isn't that big and I didn't want something to make that passageway feel smaller.


It is pretty boring. It was something that I just ignored, but after seeing a couple ideas online I decided it was time to do something. I needed a project. So instead of jumping straight into the project I decided to lay it out. The wall is not a huge wall, so I didn't want to overestimate on size or even underestimate then have it look weird.


I had a basic idea of what was going where, but by doing it this way I got to play with some ideas before I bought anything so I could be sure of what I wanted. Then slowly I started collecting what was going on the wall and started putting the things up. 


By this time, I knew what was going where. I knew what I needed. In fact two canvas were already ordered and I was just waiting on them. I also knew that all I needed to finish this wall was a trip to Hobby Lobby for some frames and a couple other things. So off Addie and I went with 40% coupon in hand, and a plan to use that and only buy things that were on sale. Well imagine my surprise when everything I was looking for was on sale. I couldn't even use my coupon because nothing was regular piece. I was pretty proud of my purchases since everything was pretty much 50% off. 


So now everything was framed, a blank canvas was hung, and an 'E' was hung. I was still waiting for my canvas again. But finally they came and all I had to do was hang them on the wall, and just like that complete. Well, almost. 



So what do we think? Turned out pretty awesome right? Let me describe. Canvas number one is one of our wedding pictures and the only one I'm a bit disappointed in. The top of Rob's head is wrapped up over the top, but if you don't look too closely you...might...not...notice...? Okay, no looking closely, moving on. The date is our wedding date. I did not take the pictures, but maybe I'll start looking for our numbers and snap our own numbers. Make it a bit more personalized. Next over in the white frame is something that I created. I saw something similar to this on etsy where the page is basically abstract like with some song lyrics. I really liked them but decided to make it a little more personalized. For those who can't read that it says: "for we know we need each other." Anyone know what song that's from? No? It's from 'Let's Call the Whole Thing Off,' our wedding song. The big canvas is obvious a family picture. We look it on Easter, and it was one of the best. I know Addie is looking at her flower on her dress but how much can you expect from a then 5-month old. And then the an 'E.' I think you can figure that one out for yourself.

Now, remember when I said this wall was almost complete? I bet you're wondering why I skipped over that blank white canvas at the top. Well, that is one of my favorite - it's a polar bear in a snow storm. Awesome right? Okay, so maybe not. It's actually a project I'm looking forward to taking on but I don't have exactly what I need yet so for now it's just a polar bear in a snow storm. Let me explain. It will a canvas with a Bible verse on it. How I plan to do it is using my Silhouette cutter I will cut out vinyl letters and put them on the canvas then I will paint the canvas. After the canvas is nice and dry then I will peel off the vinyl letters and there you have it. I don't have the vinyl yet to take on this project, nor do I know the verse, nor do I know what color the canvas will be but the canvas was on sale. But no worries when I do figure it out, I'll do another post on how to actually do this project. I know you're excited!

So there you have it:


Quite the difference. I absolutely love how it turned out. I'm pretty proud of this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...