Apr 9, 2013

Seriously? Seriously?

I'm going to take this Tuesday blog post to complain about something. Something that has been driving me crazy lately. Something that didn't use to matter that much to me. Something that almost left me with quite the  dilemma.

Seriously people, learn how to park.

On Sunday, Addie and I went to Target. It was crazy busy. Crazy crowded. So I just parked somewhere. I don't have a problem walking. After I got out, I noticed I wasn't going to be able to get Addie and her car seat out of the car from the drivers side which I normally did. The car on that side was right on the line - something I didn't notice until after I got out of the car and I wasn't going to move at that point. But I had plenty of room on the other side. Seriously, lots of room. So no big thing.

We did our shopping and left. I got the car and just stood there not sure what to do. There was a new car on the passengers' side. And that car was so close to mine that I wasn't sure how they even got out of the car themselves - no joke. Really close. And the problem was that original car on the drivers' side was still there, so basically I had no way to get Addie back in the car.

I managed, but it was a tight, nearly impossible squeeze.

Before Addie, I never would have noticed something like this. Yeah, it would have been annoying but I wouldn't have thought too much of it. But now with a baby and a car seat and whatever it is I just bought, I need room. I need much room than two cars sandwiching in mine so much that I alone can barely get into my own seat.

Just be considerate when you park. Think about the fact that maybe, just maybe, that car that you parked too-close-to needs room to get a car seat and a kid into it.

Rant over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...