May 23, 2013

Making the Cut: 6W6P - Level Two

I actually wasn't going to write anything more about 6 Week Six-Pack until I was done with it, but I just had to check in about level two.

I hated level one, so I was actually excited to move on to level two. I wanted something different - three weeks at the same thing gets exhausting plus I just hated most of the exercises truth to be told. But I don't easily give up these days so I was just ready to move on instead. So when my three weeks at level one was up I was excited to move on to level two. Honestly, I had hoped it would be like level three of the 30 Day Shred, where I was surprised by how easy it was compared to what I thought it was going to be. But I was seriously mistaken.

via
In fact, it was way worst than I thought it would be. I never thought I could sweat that much. Or hurt that much - and let's be clear, my entire body hurts, not just my abs. Plus I burned a LOT of calories. I actually wear a heart rate monitor so I can keep track of how many calories I am burning in a workout, and from level one to level two, I burn 100 more. That seems crazy, but that has held up for several days now.

It is so different from level one in that there is less floor exercises. There are still plank moves, which I despise. But there are only about three exercises that are actually done in the floor compared to level one where most of the workout happened on the mat. So much of this is standing with weights and when you first watch it, you think it looks easy but then once you are actually in the workout you realize that it's not just your abs. It's your legs, your arms, your bum. Seriously everything is getting worked over!

via
It's weird because I feel completely exhausted just thinking about this workout because it does take so much out of me. But once I'm done I feel great. I feel like I was productive. I feel like I really accomplished something. It's hard and exhausting to actually do all the moves in the almost 40 minute workout and I definitely feel like my butt was kicked but I always feel great. And this is a feeling I never really got with level one. And that was part of the reason why I struggled so much just trying to get through that first level.

So I guess my point is this: If you want to take on this workout - awesome, I think you should - but be warned that level two will kick your butt. Seriously. You will be sore all over. Your arms will be screaming at you with all the weight work. Your abs will be mad at your for even trying to do some of the things that you are trying to do. Your legs will refuse to do anything after you get done. And it might be painful to sit on a hard surface because your bum will be so sore from this ab workout. But you will feel great. You will feel the difference. You will want to punch Jillian Michaels in the face. But you will definitely feel like you accomplished something. Like you did something great for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...