Jul 22, 2013

Oh the Chunky Thighs!

Addie is healthy. Or at least that's what people are always telling me, which is really their nice way of telling me that she's a big baby. For the record, I'm not dumb I know exactly what you mean when you say that. I'm not going to be offended. I started with a baby that was seriously underweight, but now I have a big, "healthy" baby. She is of course actually healthy. 9 months of life and not once has she been sick - knock on wood. But because she is a big baby, she is immobile still. The doctor said that's normal because it just takes bigger babies longer to move because there is a lot more to move. But just to be clear when I say she is immobile I mean she's not crawling. She's not walking. But she is scooting. And boy can she scoot!

Her favorite place to scoot around is actually in her crib when she is avoiding going to sleep. I'm not a fan of choice of timing but she's 9 month and not really caring what I want or like. She just does what she does because that's what she feels like doing at that moment. I'm not going to pretend to understand my kid or why she does what she does. Although I'm not a fan of all her scooting instead of sleeping, that is definitely not the worst of it. The worst of it is the results from all her scooting.

Remember how I was babbling about my "healthy" baby; well my healthy baby has some serious thighs. How serious? Well, she's 9 months - she wears 12-18 month shirts and onsies, but has to wear 24 months pants and shorts. Like I said, serious thighs! But just for the record, I love those thighs. Who doesn't love a chunky baby?!


Well, the problem we were having was that with those chunky thighs, she was scooting all around her crib. And then proceeding to get her leg stuck outside the crib. And when I say stuck, I really mean stuck. She screaming like she's dying and I'll admit I'm a bit panicked because I can't get her leg free. And it always seems to take a bit to get her to settle back down because I had to twist and push and pull and squeeze her thigh to get her leg free, which was probably more painful than actually having her leg trapped on the wrong side of the bars.

It was happening time and time again. And truth be told, it was driving me crazy. Not to mention worrying me because what if one of those times I couldn't get her leg free. So I ended up buying a breathable bumper of a sort for around her crib.


I'm not the slightest bit concerned about her getting up against the side and not able to breathe. Remember she is a scooting monster. I really only got this breathable because that's what I could find. I'm just tired of her legs getting stuck, and so far so good. There's been no more legs randomly sticking out. No more blood-curling screams. No more panicked mom who worries about having to grease her daughter's leg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...