Sep 23, 2013

On Being a Stay-at-Home Mom

I love being a stay-at-home mom. I love being able to see all of Addison's first moments. I saw her first smile. I heard her first laugh. I saw her roll for the first time (and since she refused to roll for anyone else or a camera for about a month I was the only one who saw her roll for awhile). I heard her first word (which was mama, but now she never says it - that makes a sad mama...). I was the first one she crawled too. I'm her first choice. I get to be the one to teach her how to clap (which she still doesn't do). I get to teach her to wave (which she does sometimes now). I get to make sure she is eating healthy, well-balanced meals. I get to get hugs all day long. I get to see that big smile after nap time. I know her inside and out. I know what she loves. I know what she doesn't. I know what her favorite toys are, her favorite foods, her favorite movies. I know how to make her smile. I know her schedule. I know what she needs and when she needs it. I get to be a mom one hundred percent of the time. I don't have to split my focus.

Being a SAHM isn't one hundred percent of the time perfect. I have my days when I want nothing more than have some time to myself. When I think how nice it would to be away from the house, to be in a work force, talking to other adults. There are days when I get lonely. There are days when I get frustrated. There are days when I question if I made the right decision to become a SAHM, and even worse I have those days when I question if I made the right decision becoming a mom. There are days when I feel trapped in the house, trapped in Addie's routine.

But those days don't happen often anymore. I see my daughter growing. I see my daughter thriving. I see my daughter happy. Clearly I'm doing something right. Honestly, there are negatives to be a SAHM. Negatives that I didn't really know about or understand until I actually became a SAHM. I have had several women on several different occasion after finding out that I stay at home with Addison told me that they stayed at home for awhile and it was the hardest thing they ever did. That it is much harder than people realize. I would agree. I didn't realize how much it would really take of me until I started staying home. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Things are exactly like I want them. I love being home for Addison. I love getting to spend my days with her. There isn't anyone else in the world that I would rather spend my days with.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...