Dec 19, 2013

Wonder Weeks Aren't So Wonderful

Dear Wonder Week:

Go away. I'm tired of dealing with you. I'm tired of the cranky. I'm tired of the overly-needy. I'm tired of the whiny. Am I a bad mom because I get tired of all those things?  I seriously doubt it - what mom doesn't want their kid to be feeling great and in a happy mood?! So don't judge, wonder week. Just stupid being so annoying and go away.

I know you are important in the mental development of my kid. I know it's important that she learns "principles." She needs to learn how to accomplish goals. She needs to learn her emotions. She needs to learn to do things for herself. She needs to learn to think ahead. I get it. It's all important. But the mood swings, the temper tantrums, the whining, the crankiness, the weird sleeping. I could do without all of that.


I think I have been pretty patient with you since you've been around since she was 4 1/2 weeks or so. I know you go away, but you always seem to come back. You always seem to think you are welcome. I know we always seem to get through and in the end my kid has learned something new, but do you have to bring all the mood swings and all that bad stuff with you?

I'm not liking you right now. If you could just pick your timing a little better next time. As in don't do this again when my kid is getting her molars. Horrible horrible timing! But that's how it goes I guess. I would just appreciate if you just wait and not be just a jerk about timing next time.

Well, I know you are important so I won't nag on you too much. But I'm just wondering if maybe you could wish up and move on your way, so we can get back to normal around here. Thanks.

Sincerely,
One Exhausted Mom of a 14 Month Old

P.S. It really is a stupid name. Wonder? Where did you come up with that name? You are anything but wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...