Jul 11, 2014

Eleven on the Eleventh // Happy Friday

1. Rob and I are only two months apart in age. He's a June birthday and I'm August. We were born in the same year. However, we are a year apart in school. He graduated in 2004 from high school (yup, he's been out for ten years!) and I graduated in 2005 (next year will be ten years - is that even possible? Feels like a lifetime ago!).


2. Our normal Price Chopper we shop at is going to be closed for the next month or so for remodeling. I'm excited about that but I'm not happy about having to go to a different store for awhile. Even though I'll still go to a P.C., everything is always in a different place. I'll spend more time wandering around trying to find things than actually shopping. Nobody has time for that. Especially when you have a toddler.

3. We bought an umbrella for our back patio area from Target because when you bought umbrella you would get a free stand. We got a stand and had to pay for it. We weren't happy but whatever. We got it home and realized that it wasn't meant for a stand alone umbrella but to be used with a table. So we took it back to get another stand. We figured we didn't get the stand for free because it was a different brand. Target was willing to work with us to try and get us the free stand, except for the fact that we bought one of the two umbrellas that weren't part of the deal. They need to work on their signage. Oh well.

4. I set a reading goal via Goodreads at the beginning of the year as I always do. I set it to 15 books. Within the first month or so I realized that I was going to hit that goal before we even got three months in. So I changed it to 26 books. We are six months in and I have read 23 books. I'm thinking I need to change it again, but no idea to what.


5. I decided that I wanted to start looking for indoor/rainy day/winter activities for Addison and I to do around the house. I hate being bored in the winter. But then realized that it's stinking hot outside and I need those activities now just as much as I need them on the cold winter days.

6. I was looking at some forums on The Bump and someone was convinced that something they wanted to do was correct because they read it in a book or online. I don't even remember what it was now but someone responded with this. "I read a book called Twilight once. That does not make it a true story." I thought it was hilarious.


7. Addison is in a fun stage. She is interested in things. She wanted to help. She's constantly learning and exploring. She just has so much personality. But she is also getting in trouble more. It has been interesting learning the best method that works for her and being consistent in what I do. Being a disciplinarian has been a very different kind of hat.

8. There is such a thing as Mommy Magic. It's pretty awesome. It silences the little girl when she's screaming because she doesn't want to go to bed. Mommy Magic is awesome.


9. I have been watching Psych recently. I had seen a few episodes way back when I had cable but I never really watched it. But now I'm watching it - thanks Netflix - and it is funny. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I really like the friendship between Shawn and Gus. It's a goofball show but there is something very nice about this true close relationship.


10. Did you know that you get boxers in just about any color and with just about any character or item on them? I know that because for about four years of our relationship (we have been together five) I bought Rob crazy boxers all the time. He now has enough boxers that he can wear one pair every day for about two months give or take without needing to wash them. Yes, it is an insane amount, but hey we are stocked up for awhile.

11. Glow sticks are poisonous to cats. We had glow sticks for Addison on 4th of July and she loved them. But when we got home from fireworks they got dropped on the floor in the blanket we used overnight. The next day we noticed Stella was acting really weird, drooling, and foaming at the mouth. We had no idea what was happening. Until I realized the glow sticks were left on the floor and Stella loves playing with things that don't belong to her. Rob examined them and discovered bite marks in one and that one was leaking just a little. I looked it up and it's not deadly but it can make cats sick. We gave her some chicken broth to get the bitter taste out of her mouth and help with her stomach and such. It helped pretty much right away. Luckily it was only a little bit so we didn't have to give Stella a bath. We watched her for the rest of the day but she was fine. I felt bad. Poor Stella Cat.


Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...