Nov 6, 2014

Six on the Sixth

1. I cut my middle finger on my left hand a few weeks ago. It was the first time I cut myself in a long time but that's not the point. I basically sliced a chunk off and had to pull off the skin which exposed pretty pretty really really sensitive skin underneath. It basically hurts to do anything - to be touched, hot water, cold water, soap, any cleaning supplies at all. Well, you get it. The point is that I have been using my right hand for pretty much everything because the left middle finger is holding me back. I know you would think that would be a given since I'm right handed, but I find quite a few tasks really difficult. It's amazing how many things I do with my left hand.

2. We don't have cable, which is normally just fine. We get the basic channels thanks to those digital bunny ears. The frustrating part is that I don't watch TV that often but there are a few things I do watch, so when I watch I just want to watch. But there are days - usually windy days - that it keeps cutting in and out. Drives me nuts. The most frustrating part is that the commercials are just fine, no cutting in and out. But when the show is on, heaven forbid it's smooth sailing.

3. Usually once, sometimes twice a year, I watch Gilmore Girls. I love Gilmore Girls. It's hands down  my favorite show. But I really don't like the last season. The creator wasn't in charge in anymore and you could tell. I always watch it because it completes the show but it's not my favorite. Also I think Rory should have said yes to Logan but that's just me.


4. I took one of those personality tests things and learned that I am INFJ - The Protector. Basically Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. There's a whole thing about my personality which I think is pretty cool and kind of close to who I am. One of things I think is coolest is that one 1.5% of the population. That makes me pretty rare I guess. (You can take your own here!)

5. A week ago, I had gone back to sleep after getting up to exercise. I was having a dream that Addison was in. I heard her making noise but being in a dream-state, I thought it was just in my dream. Then I was in that half-dream, half-awake state and realized it was the real life Addie waking up for the day. I'll be honest, I was sad. I wanted to keep sleeping. I woke up all the way but didn't get up because then I would have to pee. And I knew the toilet paper was almost out so I would have to get more from the closet. I laid there another ten minutes. Yes, I am lazy, thanks for asking. And yes I did have to get toilet paper from the hall closet. And yes Addie stated whining almost immediately to start our day. I should have stayed in bed....

6. So I got married three years and some months ago. And since then my dress has been hanging in one closet or another. So I finally decided it was time to get my dress cleaned and packed away. I had been putting it off for some reason - maybe because it costs $189 for a box (I got my dress from David's Bridal). But finally I decided to bite the bullet and buy the box. I tried stopping by one day when we were on our way somewhere else and we were running early, but they weren't open yet. So a few days later we were heading to the mall and decided to stop in there so I could buy my box. I walked in and told them I needed to buy a preservation kit. The lady says he can help me right away then starts questioning me about if I found out about it online. I felt like I was in trouble but told her no. She told me that I had amazing time. For everyone the preservation box was $75. Yeah I saved a lot of money! I had awesome timing. So now my dress is boxed off and being shipped off. I really loved my dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...