Dec 8, 2014

Eight on the Eighth

1. My husband is the hardest person to buy for. He wants for not. He's going to find myself with a jar with nothing in it. Have you seen those? It's pretty funny. You can only tell me you want nothing so much times before I crack. I admire the fact that he doesn't want much and he's easy going, not big on material items. But what he doesn't get is that people want to give him something. I like him giving him gifts but he really makes me work for it. He probably gets some of the best stuff, but I'm always so nervous because I have to come up with things all by myself without any guidance and I have to be creative.

2. Our dishwasher recently decided to stop draining. It was the middle of the night (seriously it was
midnight) and we are rarely up that late. Or at least I'm rarely up that late. We were joking around and laughing when I thought I heard something. Stella reacted so I knew I really did hear something. I hush Rob and we decide to check out what was happening. We go to the kitchen to find water pouring out of the bottom of our dishwasher. We open it, only to have more water gush out. We get towels and start scooping up water and dumping the water into the sink. We get it to a manageable point and head back to bed, figuring we can't do much at midnight. The next day Rob looks at it, hoping to be able to fix it. He does everything he can but we figure we need to get behind the dishwasher. Only problem was that when the previous owners did the kitchen, they put the dishwasher in then put in the floor. So unless we take out the floor we can't get the dishwasher out. It's a wood floor that snaps together but the problem is that we will have to start at the farthest end in order to take the floor out. So now, we are hand-washing dishes....


3. When we were in Iowa for Thanksgiving, we were putting Addison to bed the first night and I noticed her bedtime lotion was liquidy. I didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe lotion can separate and that's what it becomes because it had been awhile since we had used the small lotion bottles. But I made it work and moved on. The next night, Rob was doing the routine while I was sitting uselessly by. I tried shaking the bottle before handing it to him but again it was really liquidy. So I asked him if it was really lotion. He looked at the bottle and sure enough it was bath time soap. In my defense the bath bottle and the lotion bottle look the same. And as it turns out no amount of shaking will turn soap into lotion.

4. While making cookies the other day, I noticed the house began to smell burnt. Definitely not the
great, warm cookie smell you want when making delicious chocolate chip cookies. So I start investigating and discovered that when I put the cookie sheet in, a mound of cookie dough fell off the cookie and landed on the bottom of the oven. So I ended up letting those cookie cook the rest of the way then I had to let the oven completely cool before I could take it out. Luckily the cookie had cooked all the through so it came right out. Then I went about making the rest of my cookies as normal. It was a weird, but luckily an easy problem to fix.



5. Let me take number five to rant for a minute. I'm a tall girl. I have long legs, which means I can't usually buy pants/jeans from a store but almost always online because I need longs. I can get really frustrating to find pants. It seems silly but this is a serious pain for me. What I really want is cargo pants. Some comfortable, cute cargo pants. But I need a long inseam. And that pretty much makes it impossible to find those desired cargo pants. I feel angry and sad all at the same time.

6. We went to the local Ikea for the first time since it opened last week and let me say I could spend a
good chunk of time there. I went for some picture frames for Addison's room and I'm looking forward to going back again. There is so much there and so much to see. So much to add to my wishlist.


7. You know me, I'm all about the Marine Corps. But I highly recommend checking out this video of the USAF band. It is pretty awesome and if it doesn't make you smile then what's wrong with you?! And if that one doesn't do it for ya, here's another one to check out. Not gonna lie, both videos made me tear up a little.

8. Addison plays shy with everyone even if she already knows them. The only place she doesn't is the church nursery. She runs in, gives me a wave over her shoulder as she starts plays immediately. She couldn't care less about me once she gets into that room. I think if anywhere then I'm okay with there because it's the only place I ever leave her. She's so weird sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...