Apr 15, 2015

Addison Sophia: 30 Months


Dear Addie:

These letters are seriously coming closer and closer together these days. Time seems to be going by so much quicker. You are now officially two and a half years old. That's scary. I'm not ready to have a three year old. A preschooler! Luckily I have six months still but if it goes anything like the last six months then it will be here before I'm ready.

You have been a busy beaver this last month. The weather has turned nice and you have been on the go nonstop since. Normally you are content to play with one thing for a long time but lately you just move from one thing to another and just have to keep moving. Honestly you are wearing me out a bit. It's hard to keep up with a 2 1/2 year old. But that also means that things don't get dull around here because we are always doing something. One of your favorite things to do now is to wear my shoes. Any pair you come across, including sandals go on your feet and you spend a good chunk of your playtime wearing my shoes. You used to put them on my feet and make me wear them but now you love wearing them.

With the constant going, comes you getting in trouble. And oy with the temper tantrums! Seriously those are killing me. And these days it can be over the smallest thing. You just get upset about something and toys go flying. I am now having to teach you that it's okay to be mad and upset but it's about how you handle that anger. You like to handle it by throwing your toys on the ground or making a mess. But you freeze pretty quickly when I question why you did it then you help clean it up while we talk about why that wasn't okay. Luckily you recover fairly quickly and listen when I talk to you but you just aren't handling things all that great when you do get mad.

You are starting to talk more. I think other people notice that you are talking more more than me, but I can tell the words are coming. You are trying to at least get the first sound of words out. But when you are upset, you resort to whining right away. So I have to stop you and tell you that you have to tell me or show me. You are mimicking a lot and watching when my lips form words. I think you are still a ways from really talking but you are getting there. You do still talk with your hands a lot. You do sign language still but when you are babbling you are always making hand gestures. Your favorite thing to do now is thumbs up. We had been working on that and I always gave you a thumbs up whenever you said a new word and now whenever something good happens you give me the thumbs up first.

You are finally back to loving your daddy again. For awhile you were freaking out every single time he got home, but now you run to him and give him a hug. I don't know what that stage was about but it's back on your good side. Often times I'll bring you to the kitchen for the breakfast and you'll call for dada, who is normally at work which  means you get disappointed. He definitely likes that you are running and screaming from him. Or at least only running and screaming from him when it's time to change your diaper and not all the time. He does build a better train track than me after all.

You are just growing so much. You are harder to keep up but I am loving trying. I have learned that as you get older there is more parenting that actually has to happen thanks to getting in trouble and temper tantrums. But you are still such an easy girl. You are happy and content. You love to play and hug. I love spending all my time with you. I love you, sweet girl.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...