Jan 30, 2011

"Just living in not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." -Hans Christian Andersen

So here's what's up with me....

I just recently quit my job at the National WWI Museum. My last day is Wednesday, February 2. So what am I doing next? That's a good question and if you figure out the answer before I do. Please let me know. I'm just as confused about that as everyone else, but I have the most loving fiancee, who is allowing me to quit with no job lined up so I can figure out what I actually want to do. I'm looking into volunteering at a couple different places around Olathe for now and school is definitely in my future for next fall as a medical assistant. But for tomorrow or the next day, who knows. I'm just playing one day at a time. But I do know that I won't be leaving the state of Kansas again to work unless it is the most amazing job that I know I will love or of course if we move. Which in case anyone was hoping, that's not in our future either. We are settling in in Olathe and we both love it there actually. For all you Johnson County/Kansas haters, I am still a Missourian at heart just as he is still an Iowan at heart but it's not too bad on the other side of the fence.

Wedding planning is going excellent. All the big things are done, leaving just the smaller details left which is awesome in my opinion. So that means I really have to get going on putting those invitations together.

Rob is doing awesome as well. He's super busy so if you don't see him ever, don't feel bad I don't see him either. Ha - although I'm only half kidding about that. He's busy with both Garmin and the Marines right now. Currently he's in Reno at a conference regarding his annual training which is in July, four weeks after our wedding to be exact. Good news is it's only two weeks and they are staying in the states this year too. Bad news, communication is just as bad unless we get Sprint, which for the record I had already told him we should move to the family plan there so maybe it'll work out? But anywho, he's currently in Reno set to get back tomorrow as long as the weather holds off just long enough. Otherwise I will not be a happy camper - I'm really looking forward to him coming home, especially sooner rather than later. Mostly because Friday-Sunday next weekend he's gone again with the Marines for their monthly drill weekend. So it won't be until the following weekend that we get to spend together and together, just us, we are going to spend it. We're talking about going away Friday night and Saturday on a day trip or something, just to get away. Other than being super busy, he's good and happy. I just don't get to see enough of him these days.

Stella is excellent and as cute as ever. She's a trouble-maker that's for certain. But she is as adorable as ever. She's my little darling cat, who has been my little protector while Rob's been gone and my little buttmunch every other time. I really like that silly cat afterall.

Everything else in the world of the Evans (although not technically an Evans yet, he pays the bills so we'll go with Evans and we're only like 146 days out now anyway) household is good. We're making it through just fine and doing good. Healthy, happy, alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...