Feb 8, 2011

Do-it-yourself or Don’t?

I'm fairly certain that I am artistically challenged. I get these ideas in my head of something I want to do or make but as I try to create those once-amazing ideas the whole thing falls apart. I just don't have the skill or the drive or the patience. Or maybe even the funds to attempt such projects. I've been trying to figure out what to do for Rob for V-Day coming up. Well, I'm searching the web for my "next-great-idea" and I find one. I think that sounds like a great idea but there's one problem when I go to actually begin the planning and have my own personal touch I have nothing (nor do I have any money but that point is moot). But I decide to go to Hobby Lobby to try and get some inspired ideas. I even got as far as picking up some stuff. I walked around for about an half-an-hour, looked down at what I was carrying then proceeded to put it all back. Personally I think the employees at Hobby Lobby should be thanking me for returning all the items to the proper place. I then turn and walk out of the store, empty-handed. And now I'm back to where I was better. No plan for V-Day and what makes it all harder I have no money even if I had a plan. So now I'm wondering what I'm going to do. I would love to try the do-it-yourself stuff sometimes but how do you even attempt it if you have no money and no eye for this kind of thing. I wished I did, but maybe some people just don't have it. Although now I'm a little afraid because I've been envisioning how I would want to decorate a house once we get one, but now I'm thinking it all might go horribly wrong. Eek! Not a comforting thought. So I guess for now life goes on as it was. I go back to doing the stuff I can do – reading books at home – where I spend no money and attempt nothing even remotely do-it-yourself

because I have now officially become afraid of all project, big small or otherwise. L


 

~B~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...