Apr 19, 2011

And the cooking saga continues....



Dinner tonight was meatloaf, green beans, and scalloped potatoes, plus my dinner had the added bonus of a cut apple, mostly because it just sounded good. Let's just start this by saying, I don't like meatloaf. I know comes as a shock, especially considering how much meat I eat. In case anyone was wondering that was a joke considering I hardly ever eat meat, I could probably give up meat all together and be just fine.

The meatloaf was easy to make at least. I did ask the family member who does like meatloaf and he gave it a good reviews at least. It contained of Italian seasoning bread crumbs, an egg, and meat. I cooked it for thirty minutes at 350 degrees then put a half of can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup on the top then cooked it for thirty more minutes. The scalloped potatoes were made from a box, so nothing fancy there. The green beans were picked by my very two own hands...from the grocery store vegetable aisle. But I did make the sauce on them with a combination of butter, Dijon mustard, oregano, and salt. It's a strange taste of mustard actually. Also not a favorite but I'm glad I got a chance to make it.

Overall, cooking is actually going well for me. There have been some oops moments for certain and some strikeouts, but there have quite a bit more successes I'm pleased to say. Cooking is still not one of my favorite pastimes and I'm not great at the multi-tasking exactly when it comes to make more than one thing at once, but I'm getting better and working at it. And at this point that's all you can ask for.

So this meal might have been a complete strikeout for me, but Rob liked the meatloaf at least. Two positives though: 1) I can put this meal under my belt and say that I made it and 2) I can say with complete confidence because I actually made and ate it - I don't like meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...