Apr 11, 2011

Asiago and Flatbread and the old-fashion college try

I have admitted before that my cooking skills are somewhat limited. I'm not sure if I just don't have the patience for cooking or if I just don't have what it takes. I have always wanted to be able to cook. And by cook, I mean really cook. Like the things you see in movies, where it is just most savoring good and it looked beautiful on the plate. And to boot, it's healthy. Apparently, I'm a cooking-dummy because half the time I don't know what any of it means, which to be honest makes it all more difficult.

But that being said, I cooked a pretty good meal a couple nights ago.

Asiago Tortellini with Black Pepper-Garlic Flatbread

Impressed now aren't you?

Okay, so the picture is as pretty as it should be the bowl itself is pretty boring but it was pretty good and it doesn't look too bad for my first attempt. And no, there's no picture of the Black-Pepper-Garlic Flatbread because for one I forgot to take a picture before we devoured it and two for my first attempt it looked terrible! But since I know how to make it now it's all about the cosmetics.

This was my first attempt at working with any of these ingredients including fresh herbs. And it went fairly good. I'm not sure I did everything correctly but for a first try it turned out good and now I can adapt and try it slightly different to perfect the dish.

It was a simple recipe actually that I got from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast. It's not the most advanced cook book but the way I see it, I have to start somewhere. So here's my start. The only cooking involved the three-cheese tortellini according to the package and the flatbread in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes. Most of the recipes is cutting and combining together, which is actually my kind of recipe.

This is actually the perfect recipe for me seeing as I'm not much of a meat eater, but my next new recipe I attempt will have meat (per Rob's request). But this was definitely one that we will have again and I would even be willing to make this for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...