Apr 12, 2011

What's a girl to do?

Are you aware that there is no way to meet people?

 I mean seriously think about it.

When you were in school, it was easy. You sit next to a kid and BAM you suddenly have a new best friend. Then you get into high school and basically the same thing, but now you get involved in activities that the school already has and not only are you getting graded but you have friends for life - so you think. Then college comes and you think, okay whole new experience, whole new friends, whole new life. And yeah that all happens. For some they make lifelong friends but for those of us that aren't the social butterflies and went to three different schools in four years - it's not so easy. 

You exit your school world and embark on a new adventure...    

the work force

But again for some of us we just go back to the job we've had for the years during college because we didn't really think the whole after-I-graduate-then-what? plan out too well. Let's just say now, kiddies, the movies got it wrong! You don't just walk out of college with an amazing job. I mean some do - my fiancee did, but who's counting him anyway? The point is that that doesn't work for everyone. But that's not the point. The point is that you get a job, right? And you "make" friends there but that's not what I mean by friends. I'm talking the real deal. Friends for life. Through thick and thin. And any of those other dorky sayings that you can think of.

So now, you're jobless, friendless, living in a city where you don't know anywhere - so what now? First logical step - or at least my first logical step - was books. I love books. Doesn't it seem like a great idea that there should be a local book club at the library that I could get involved with. 
Apparently not.

So thinking, "hey I met the love of my life online so why I can't I find some friends there too and maybe even a group/club to get involved in." I now turn my attention to the internet - part because the whole love thing worked out for me via internet and part because I don't know where else to look. So there is this site meetups.com. I like it! It seems like a good idea until you look at what's in this area.
Apparently nothing.

I'm really at a loss here. So I thought - I know there I go thinking again - "hey why don't I start up a club. I can't be the only twenty-something female out here that's looking for a friend, right?" It's a good thought but apparently a wasted thought. I decided to make my own group via this meetups.com. (Which I must say is a cool site, but just useless for me apparently). And I'm all about it, even getting excited, then it comes to the dreaded page. 

organization dues

My whole plan is suddenly in pieces. I can't afford this. I don't even get to buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 when it comes out in a couple days. Because right now, it's all about the saving money and not spending any money on things we don't have to have like food and eye appointments and root canals. So now my excited has diminished and I sit here writing about my new frustrated on my blog, one of which I know only at least my sister and my father read. So what good is that going to do? They don't live in Olathe. 

So now, I ask the good people of blog land - what's a girl to do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...