Apr 23, 2011

More basil...Less Noodles!

So I have taken on a new hobby. Well kinda. I don't know if gardening is really a hobby when you have an apartment simply because you have a pot, you plant some seeds in a pot, you water them and that's about it. I guess it is, but it takes considerably less work than doing it in the ground because I don't have to weed which is a pretty sweet deal.

I have three different things going right now. One is a longer tray with different kinds of sunflowers. Another is an assortment of all different kinds of flowers and today I just planted a pot of basil. I have been using basil more and more in my cooking lately with this new cook book I use, so I thought maybe I'd try growing it and seeing what happens. 



So far the sunflower pot is a doing really well and looks better than the assortment of flowers but that might just be because they grow faster...? I actually have no idea. I'm winging it here. But I thought it would be fun and I kinda just wanted to see if I could do it. I know there isn't a lot of work to be done with gardening, but I haven't had the best luck with hobbies or keeping things alive for that matter. (Oh, and don't worry both Rob and Stella are still alive so no on fret!) 

Oh another note....

I had the lovely honor of not having to cook tonight. Rob and I made a deal that he gets one night to cook a week. He can cook whatever he wants, but ordering food, frozen pizza, and mac & cheese don't count. So he has to actually cook something. Well, tonight was his night and he made Cheese Tortellini and Vegetable Soup. It was really simple and really hot, so definitely will be good on a winter's day. He did a really good job actually, with only one minor problem of putting way WAY too many noodles in, but it was still good. And for all you doubters out there...I didn't help and I have proof!






Quite delicious!

So here's my grand question...when did my blog become all about food? I guess that's just been a focus lately  while I've tried to eat healthier and find a hobby. I will say this about cooking - once upon a time I was completely scared of it but now not so much and I'm even enjoying it some. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...