Apr 25, 2011

The One with all the Updates!

61 days left. Yes, you heard correctly 61 days to go until I am actually married! It's still hard to believe sometimes. I really did luck out with Rob. He's just the most amazing guy. But you have all heard me sing his praises a million times already.

Things here are good. Currently looking a little stormy outside but there's nothing wrong with a spring storm. I volunteered at the library for the last time today. I was actually quite pleased with that fact simply because it wasn't all that great. I don't know what I was expecting out of volunteering but basically I was doing what all the paid librarians were doing, so I'm okay being done. I got went to the health department to get a TB test. Never had one of those and I bled a bit, so I go back later this week to find out if I have TB or not. I'm fairly certain I don't so I'm not worried. (I had to get a TB test for my new job because there are little kids in the building with us all day, just an fyi to anyone who was curious). 

I start my new job on May 5 officially, and I'm super excited to be working again and earning money. I think this will be good. Stella might miss me around the apartment during the day but somehow I think she'll live. Oh, and another update. I'm not returning to school in the fall. It's kind of a long story but here's the short version. We're saving money, I have a job now which helps, but I want to get another degree just in time for when we will be wanting kids then I have another useless degree because our plan has always been for me to be a stay-at-home mom. That's the very short version, but just go with it. I'm confident in the decision I made and won't be changing my mind, so for all you doubters out there this is the first time I've been this sure of something in a long time. And who knows maybe after the kids are older I might go back and get a degree and go out and find me a real job. 

Rob is good. Just busy. He's always busy at Garmin but it seems to be busier lately. The Marines are good too. Well, I'm assuming they are good. He's only there once a month. Drill weekend is in two weekends then there's only one more before the wedding and annual training. Did I mention that we go on our honeymoon then we have a week back home before he leaves for annual training for two weeks? Kind of sucks. We won't even spend our one month anniversary together. Come to think of it, we won't even spend one month together in general being married before he's gone. Kind of funny how that works, but we are glad it doesn't overlap or anything like that. But anyway, Rob is doing really good. 

And the third member of our family, Stella - she's good. She's been acting a little funny today but I think that's just the weather. We did finally find all her mice for her but somehow I think she's lost them all again. We might have to go on another mice hunt again because she was so pumped the first time when we found them under the fridge. 

I think that about covers everything right now. Didn't really cook tonight because I was a missing a key ingredient that I didn't realize I was missing so we had a mac & cheese - old school. I have started a new workout regime, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck - I'm determined but that doesn't always mean anything. : ) And on that note, I'll leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...