Apr 27, 2011

"If you can look inside you, find out who I am to be in the position to make me feel so damn unpretty" -TLC, Upretty

For anyone who really knows me, they know that they love Glee. I have always wished my life would be a musical and that's basically what this is. Plus I have never really felt like I have belonged anywhere, and the Glee Club is made of a bunch of misfits, so I guess I like that idea of all these different people coming together for one thing. But last night's Glee was about acceptance. And that truly is a good lesson. It wasn't so much about accepting each other but about accepting yourself.

It would be difficult to find someone out there that is completely content with themselves. Everyone wishes there was something that they could change about themselves. Everyone has their insecurities. And last night's Glee episode was about embracing those parts of yourself because you are beautiful just the way you. And that's hard  in today's society. Women have hundreds of images of what we should look like and we believe that that's what men want so when we don't look like that then we feel less than what we are. We feel like somehow we aren't good enough or pretty enough or thin enough. 

I'm definitely not saying that I'm accepting of everything about myself that I don't like. I never said it was easy. But we let society define what is beautiful or what is the right way. And that's wrong. Why do we let other people tell us that we aren't beautiful because we don't fit into a certain look? I'm not that thin, I don't have a perfectly clear complexion, I have horrible hair, and I still question my sense of fashion but Rob tells me almost everyday that I'm beautiful. And after awhile, I do feel beautiful. Sometimes you just need one person to tell you that you're beautiful. And sometimes more than someone else telling you you're beautiful, you need to stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself that you're beautiful. 

You are beautiful exactly the way you are. And not everyday can you do that. Maybe you can't even do that now, but if you let someone tell you what is beautiful and if you don't meet those standards then you're never going to feel good about yourself. I can't say that it's easy for me to stand in front of a mirror and tell myself that I'm beautiful but I am. And it's time that we start feeling beautiful despite what society says because we are beautiful. We're different and unique and we need to learn to accept those unique and what we think are not beautiful things about ourselves. 

So today I leave you with this:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...