Apr 29, 2011

No pain, No Gain....Right?

I have embarked upon a new adventure as of late and have just complete my first week of it.

What am I talking about?

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

via
 It's been one week so far and here's what I have learned:
  1. I am more out of shape than I had thought.
  2. Push-ups are hard and painful, and I hate them.
  3. Breathing is very important. Finding your breathing pattern is just as important.
  4. My shoulders and arms hurt more than I thought they would. 
  5. I hate that woman very much. 
In order for exercise to make a difference in your body, you have to do two things: 1) eat correctly and 2) push yourself farther than you think you can go and you just might surprise yourself. 

The first day was horrible. It was hard and painful and I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath and just let my arms rest. The second day I knew would be the most difficult because I was extremely sore from the first day and I knew that those exercises are hard and hurt and on top of soreness - well it wasn't going to be pleasant. But I fought through and I finished. Of course I felt like I was going to die, but I was proud that I did it. The third day was actually just a little easier. I was still sore and it still hurt but I was pushing myself harder through it. And by today, I didn't take a break at all. It was hard and it was a little painful on my shoulders but I made it through. I learned to do a few of the exercises at my own pace and not at hers, but by doing that I could do the exercises all the way without stopping. 

And now, I'm happy for the weekend. I get two days without the pain and soreness (kinda) and without the push. I get two days off. I'm learning to push myself and that's really what I did the last two days. So when I begin again on Monday, I try harder and do the exercises a little more advanced. I try doing regular push-ups instead of girlie push-ups. I don't expect to be able to do all of them that way but just a few is closer than none at all. And by the following week, I hope to move up to the next level that has harder exercises and pushes you more. 

I don't recommend the 30 Day Shred to the light of heart. It's not easy. My arms hurt and my thighs hurt and sometimes I just want to sit down and eat some ice cream while I watch the rest of the video, but I don't. I push through the pain and the soreness and look at my ultimate goal. And I think that's key to any exercise plan. You have to have goal. Something you can actually work towards and something that is enough to inspire you to push yourself. But it takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. Your body is reforming the more you workout and it will get where you want it as long as you give it the time and the fitness and the right foods and all that is required to reach the goal. 

On the parting note, the muscles in my arms are getting bigger and more defined, which is pretty sweet. I can definitely tell a difference in my arms now and that's exciting. Mostly because I'm a strapless dress for my wedding so I want some good-looking arms. And I have 57 more days to work towards my awesome arms and they already look so much better! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...