Jun 22, 2011

The One Before...

I have to say that I have a bit of a song in my heart and a pep to my step. Why? You might ask. Well, naturally it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm getting married in three days. : ) It can only have to do with the fact that I just finished the last piece to the puzzle. My last project that involves this up-and-coming wedding to the present-day birthday boy (who is sitting in man cave with the door closed because he has a conference call - lame!).

I have been excited about this wedding all along (I should hope so otherwise things aren't starting out so good for us). But things start piling on. I had a basic hold of things all along. I knew what I wanted, which I found somewhat amazing because I never spent a lot of time before dreaming of what my wedding would be. But once Rob and I got engaged, knowing who we are as a couple it came so easy because I wanted this to be an expression of who I am and who we are. But there were dozens upon dozens of things to do, at least that's what it felt like.

But things fell together with only a couple of hitches along the way. I figured out what I wanted and we got it. I wanted simple. I wanted beautiful. I wanted us. And what I got? Simple elegance.

And now I'm sitting here (by the open window again because it is BEAUTIFUL outside) and I'm thinking of all these pieces together and I know that it will be beautiful. Even if things aren't exactly how I planned them, they will be because I'm unique and I'm different and I'm clumsy and I don't always work right. So maybe this wedding really is an expression of who I am. And the beauty of all this is that all along Rob has been okay with all the decisions I have made and if things go a little off he'll be okay with that too because he loves me and all my quirks and this wedding being me then he'll love it. I know, cheesy, but it's true.

It's just hard to believe that it's finally coming up. I have been working so hard and it's been all I've been thinking about (it seems like) for the last ten months and for it to finally be here is kinda of a relief. I'm happy this to be our whole lives anymore. Because it's not the wedding that's important - don't get me wrong, the wedding is important but - it's the marriage that counts and the marriage that is more important. And I just can't believe I got as lucky as I did with him. I always thought that every other girl in the world was so lucky but now I feel sorry for every other girl in the world because they don't have Rob and they don't get Rob.

I'm not nervous about the wedding. I'm a little nervous about the ceremony because I don't like being the center of attention but I figure no one else will be there but me and Rob and of course Ryan (he's important because he's actually marrying us). And I'm a little nervous about the dancing because I'm not a great dancer but boy do I love dancing! I think the part I am more nervous about that involves all of this is the airplane ride to get to Maine.

Okay, okay, I'm a nervous flyer! We decided to fly because it will be less stressful than driving and spending all our time in the car and I don't regret that decisions but it's been so long since I've flown and I'm nervous. I think once I get over the first plane ride then I'll feel better and no worries.

But with all this being said, I'm afraid that you might not be hearing much from me in the next few weeks merely because of the fact that we'll be in Maine/Boston. We are taking a computer so you never quite know when I might pop up again. But until then....see you at the wedding! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...