Jul 13, 2011

And here we are now....

The wedding madness is over. I am officially a Sadie. So now we go back to life as we know it. We go back to our normal pace back here in Kansas, which I am officially a Kansasan (at least according to my license - I will never fully be a Kansasan). I am, also, and happy to be now an Evans. My last name is officially changed. There are still some places I have to officially change it but mostly it's all changed. Yay!

So what's next?

Well, Friday - yes this Friday - Rob leaves for two weeks. And for anyone who's keeping track that is not every one month fully married before he's gone. It's the life of a Marine wife...? But in all fairness every year I get to dress up and go to a ball, so ha! Not really much of a trade-off because I much rather him stay home but it is what it is and we make it work. I have a better handle on it this year than last year. But last year was a tough one to start with for a first (for both of us) annual training. Peru for three weeks - ouch! This year at least he is staying in the US and it's only two weeks. I know it's one week less than last year but I'm going into this with a different frame of mind. I'm going to try to fill my time. I'm working every day, except the weekends. I have to clean out my closet back in my childhood room at my parents' house - now doesn't that sound like fun? I want to see a couple movies - and I certainly have no problem going to the movies alone. I have Stella, and she is the best cat in the world. Currently, I have a house-full of ants on my kitchen counter that will keep me plenty busy. I want to get all my pre-wedding, wedding, and honeymoon scrapbooks done. See I got this!

Plus I got this awesome Impala that I'm driving around so who wants to take a ride in a sweet car? : ) Yes, that means I have this car. He didn't want to leave me with my death-trap, so mine is going to sit in a parking lot (please get stolen - nevermind that it is sitting in a Marine Headquarters parking lot). So for those of you out that that have no idea - I have had my car since my senior year in high school and it has gotten me back and forth to many colleges and it's been a good car. But the first time I really had trouble with it was last year when my transmission went out. Oh did I mention it went out on me while I was getting on 435 from 70? No? Well, let me say - it was the most terrifying moments of my life. So I got a new transmission. All seems great, awesome, amazing until we got it back and there was something wrong with the brakes. It was some wheelbearings or something - I don't speak car. So things are great, awesome, amazing again. Then a few months later my car was back in to get something fixed on my transmission that was leaking and still not working right, but at least it was under warranty. And after all that, something just hasn't been right. Lately, it seems to have taken another turn. It's been reacting funny so we had the transmission looked at again (still under warranty) but they said there was nothing there and it might be the engine. Well, two days ago (Monday) I was coming back from the grocery store and I had to take a left into the apartment complex parking lot. I went to take a left and the car moved maybe a couple inches then stopped. I did it several times before it actually went. My hands were shaking and it scared me. I told Rob. He took it in and they did the regular checkup and oil change, but they said that it wasn't worth it to look at it without more information. So nobody can help me fix whatever is wrong. I don't know a lot about cars but I know it shouldn't be doing that. So now, to ease both of our minds right now I am driving the Impala that works and runs actually great, awesome, and amazing and Rob has my death trap. Anyone else thinking "death trap" might be the perfect name for my car? I'm thinking so!

So that's what's happening. That's about all that's happening. We're just getting ready for Rob to leave mostly. And I'm about to go home in a couple minutes and kill me a lota ants. Yuck - ants freak me out! Wish me luck on the killing spree and if you see Rob wish him luck with the "death trap" and maybe with the annual training thing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...