Jul 19, 2011

The One Where I'm a Marine Wife

When I met Rob, I knew that the Marines were apart of him. And I knew that if we were to last (which we did) then the Marines would be apart of my life too. But I never knew what that meant - not really anyway.

Last year Rob went to Peru for almost a month, and that was hard. Actually it was hard for both of us. It was a tough one to be the first for both of us. If you were around me at all last year, it was difficult. It was frustrating and I was sad for most of it because he was away from me.

Months of drills have passed and here we again at another annual training. This time shorter and at least in the states. But honestly it's not that much easier. I'm handling it better because it's apart of my life now but it's still hard. Of course it's hard, I married man not even a month ago and he's already gone. Does anyone really like being away from the person they love? Exactly.

I realize that I have it a lot easier than many other women. He's gone for two weeks, not a year or longer. I admire those women who do that. I have to spend our one month anniversary alone, but what about those women who spend almost every anniversary alone. I'm one of the lucky ones because he's coming home soon.

I do have to say that one of my perks is I get to dress up and go to a ball once a year. It's not really a fair trade-off for him being gone. I much rather go with Rob being here all the time instead of going to the ball. But what girl doesn't want to get all dressed up and go to a ball.

I'm a Marine wife now. And after almost two years of being with a Marine I have learned that it takes love. It takes support. It takes patience. It takes a lot of traits that I don't necessarily have but I'm learning. I'm proud of him. Not just because of the Marine thing but for everything he does and everything he is.

I'm a Marine wife. And in ten days I'll see my Marine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...