Oct 22, 2011

From the Bathroom Mirror to the Kitchen Wall

So after desiring to do this project ever since I saw it on pinterest.com I finally got to do it today and it turned out wonderful if I do say so myself.

via
Up to this point I had been keeping track of our dinner menu on the bathroom mirror, where it worked but was really in a weird spot. I liked having my menu written out but having it in the bathroom, well that was just silly. So today I finally got a chance to accomplish my much-wanted project and here's how it all happened.

We found eight picture frames at Hobby Lobby for a decent price. I liked the idea that they were all connected but I wanted 5"x 7" frames but all I could find was the smaller frames that were connected. I figured if I do it this way then I can move them around and connect them if I want. I have more options this way and it also turns out to be the cheaper way to do it.


I then chose different color scrapbook papers and picked up some scrapbook letters to stick on.


I took the insert that came in the picture frame to trace on the back of my scrapbook paper so I could get the size correct. Having it made it so much easier and then all I had to was cut. I had different colors to trace and color for all eight.

I put the letters on the scrapbook paper so when I erase I won't risk erasing the days every time. That would get annoying fast. Rob mentioned later that I should have put the letters on the glass so I could switch out the paper, but I'm thinking of just getting more letters and more paper and changing it out for the holiday. That would be pretty cool for Christmas.

After putting on the letters I just put the pieces of paper inside the frame and put the frames back together.



Of course I needed some help putting them up, so who else would I call? I tried Stella but she doesn't have opposable thumbs, so of course I went to Rob. And he did a great job. We had put up the original inserts on the wall so we could see where we wanted them lined up then we used those little hooks that could be taken off easily and with no mess or holes in the wall and it worked great.

We really didn't have a lot of choices in our kitchen. We don't have a lot of wall space and biggest chunk of the wall space is right by Stella's litter and that would be a pain to get to, so we chose the narrow wall space between the fridge and the pantry. It works. I do look forward to having more room. But for now we just had to line them straight down the wall and it works pretty good.




They are easy to get down to actually write on (dry erase markers) and easy to put back up. I really like having the menu in the kitchen now. It's the little things that excite me. I love it! It added color and a little of my personality and my menu is finally finally finally in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...