Nov 10, 2011

Making the Cut: Non-Working Out Week Three

I'm not making excuses I promise. But I'm not doing Week Three. Okay, so actually my week three is just being pushed back at least a week. And there's a good reason. And what is that good reason, you may ask?

Tuesday I had outpatient surgery. Yup, I got me cut open. But I'm doing good. For the last two years, I have had a lump in my armpit. I had it checked out by my doctor back on the Missouri side. She said it was harmless and then did nothing more to help me. When I moved here to the Kansas side I had it checked out again and this time she was willing to do something for me. I had an ultrasound and she said it looked like a reactionary lymphoid, so she put me on some medicine in hopes to get it smaller. We rechecked it and it definitely felt smaller, but she wanted to put me back on it so that we could get it to go away completely. So I went back on it again. After I finished, I had another ultrasound. And it was then that we discovered it was actually getting bigger. So they set me up with a surgeon for a possible biopsy.


I went in and met with him and I liked him a lot. He was nice and put me at ease. And it was at that point that we decided the best course of action was to actually just remove it since it was not getting any smaller. So that's what we did. Tuesday I had it removed. So I'm a bit sore and hurting but I'm doing okay. It was for this reason that I decided it was best not to work out. Can't blame me for that. I did just have surgery after all.


I'm just thrilled that I had a group of doctors that was willing to do something about it. I have liked everyone I have come into contact with at the College Park Family Care. And the nurses at the surgery center were amazingly nice. I liked all of them. It was a good experience - well as good of an experience as you can have with surgery.

So now I'm healing. Slowly and a bit painfully but I'm healing. So I'm hoping on Sunday I might be able to do a little bit more in working out. I will definitely be taking it easy. I'll keep you updated. So Jillian will have to wait to kick my butt until another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...